× Members

leave ib benefit

• rob
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110823 by rob
leave ib benefit was created by rob
need further advice,i am in reciept of pension credit guarentee based on being single and mortgage costs,today i was told that if i came off the ib altogether the pension credit people could not reduce my weekly payment and would continue at same rate. i am 64 next.i need advice because when i asked for this in writing the pension credit people said just ring jobcentre plus sign off incapacity benefit then ring them back and ask for a change of circumstances and money would remain the same.has any one else heard or done this to save having to face atos and their medical.its worth noting i have not worked since 1999 and am in reciept of dla care middle rate and mobility higher rate
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110827 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic leave ib benefit

rob wrote: need further advice,i am in reciept of pension credit guarentee based on being single and mortgage costs,today i was told that if i came off the ib altogether the pension credit people could not reduce my weekly payment and would continue at same rate. i am 64 next.i need advice because when i asked for this in writing the pension credit people said just ring jobcentre plus sign off incapacity benefit then ring them back and ask for a change of circumstances and money would remain the same.has any one else heard or done this to save having to face atos and their medical.its worth noting i have not worked since 1999 and am in reciept of dla care middle rate and mobility higher rate

You need to get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can look at your financial situation and the documents associated, so that you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.