× Members

ESA / PIP query ?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110832 by Noodles
ESA / PIP query ? was created by Noodles
Hello again B&W,

My query regarding ESA is one of when,and more to the point,just exactly what to expect once the original decision of my award of being placed into the Support group without the need for and WCA for 18 months expires time wise in April 2014 ?

My PIP query is rather more complex.

As someone who has received HRM and MRC for DLA for over 25 years now I am both worried and confused when exactly one should inform the DWP about a change of medication and how it now effects me as a disabled person ?

I received an indefinite award in DLA in 1996 and have remained the same health wise for many years apart from recently ,should I wait until 2015 when I make a new claim for PIP ?

Worried :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110836 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA / PIP query ?
Noodles

Strictly speaking you ESA award does not expire, however, you should expect to be re-assessed in April 2014, with a new ESA50 likely to be issued some two months in advance in the February. ESA re-assessment dates doe not form part of the Decision so it is possible for the re-assessment to be earlier or later than April 2014.

As to the DLA, the question you have to ask yourself is has my condition changed due to this new medication, and if it has, is this a permanent change or one that you can expect the changes to last for a reasonably long time?

If your condition has changed to the extent that your current DLA award could be affected then you are required to notify the DWP, they may still decide not to re-assess your claim and even if they do, it does not mean that your award will change.

If you condition has not changed or the change is temporary then you should be OK leaving it.

If you do inform the DWP, you have until 28 October to do so and be re-assessed for DLA, on or after the 28th it may result in a transfer to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.