× Members

IB to ESA support group without medical

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110847 by Banger
Many thanks to the B&W guides for getting me though the transfer from IB to ESA support group. Was notified by post aprox. 7 weeks after submitting the ESA50.

Two questions

1. How long will they leave me alone until I have to go through the nightmare process again.

2. I have just received a P45 (3 forms) with no explanation letter, is this standard practice when going on to ESA?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #110848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA support group without medical

Tim wrote: Many thanks to the B&W guides for getting me though the transfer from IB to ESA support group. Was notified by post aprox. 7 weeks after submitting the ESA50.

Two questions

1. How long will they leave me alone until I have to go through the nightmare process again.

2. I have just received a P45 (3 forms) with no explanation letter, is this standard practice when going on to ESA?

Many congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments about the guides.

In regard your questions.

1. You can either ring the DWP, they can usually tell you your re-assessment date, failing that you can request your ESA85 medical report if you had a face to face assessment, or ESA85A if you did not, the prognosis is usually used to set the date.

2. This is standard, your IB was liable to tax and the P45 is a statement of what you have received this tax year. You do not need to forward it on to the DWP but should retain it for your tax records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banger

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110850 by Banger
Replied by Banger on topic IB to ESA support group without medical
Many thanks for the info Gordon, is there an email way of contacting the DWP to ask for ESA85A or do I write to the DWP, if so who and where. Sorry for the extra questions as I have a phone phobia.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110853 by

Tim wrote: Many thanks for the info Gordon, is there an email way of contacting the DWP to ask for ESA85A or do I write to the DWP, if so who and where. Sorry for the extra questions as I have a phone phobia.

Hi T,

The DWP do not correspond by e-mail, in general, so you will have to write if you don't want to phone.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

There will definately be an ESA85A and an LT54, there may also be a an ESA113 if one was sent to your G.P.

You may wish to request "ALL" documentation that was used in coming to the decision.

ESA Forms

You can either make the formal written request by letter citing that it is a SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998, or you can use the SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Any SAR should be posted in its own envelope, addressed : FAO The Data Controller, to the address of the Benefits office dealing with your ESA.

It will help further if you write DPA 1998 SAR in the front, top, left of the envelope.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #110855 by Banger
Many thanks bro I am now requesting a useable SAR form as my Windows 8 does not understand rtf documents.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #110933 by Banger
I called my local benefit office today. After much perspiring using the phone and going through all sorts of security checks I was told I could not apply for documents over the phone and it had to be done by letter.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.