× Members

SUPPORT GRP TO WRAG - GEN APPEAL & SANCTION APPEAL

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110858 by Augustus
I have been re-assessed into ESA WRAG from Support and I am concerned about two issues:

1. If I cannot attend WRAG interviews and I am sanctioned, and on general ESA appeal or recon, I get put back into Support with backdating, will I get back the money sanctioned for the time I was technically in WRAG, or is that money lost, whatever the outcome of the appeal?

2. I am guessing, but I think I have been reclassified to WRAG because of a post-2012 change to the exceptional circumstances rule. I was previously put into Support because of this rule.
At assessment, the HCP muttered that the drug regime, prescribed by a consultant neurologist, that I am on for my cluster headache seizures was "mild". The implication is that "better" treatment would make work a possibility.
Does ATOS/DWP have the legal right to dictate specifically what drugs are taken? It is not as if no attempt is being made to manage my condition. The drugs I take are the best compromise, allowing for the worse side-effects of "stonger" drugs. I had in fact taken other drugs, but they left me bed-ridden due to their side-effects.

Can you help with these queries please? Can DWP assume to dictate specific drugs? Could my comments here be incorporated into an appeal?

Thank you

A
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110859 by Gordon
Augustus

1. Any Appeal or Reconsideration re-makes the Decision to place you in the WRAG so if you are successful it will be as if you were never in the WRAG, and therefore could not be sanctioned, so any that you acquire should be removed and any monies deducted paid back.

2. Whilst Regulation 35 was amended in January the changes do not encompass the changes you mention in your post, these would be relevant to Regulation 29 which places a claimant in the WRAG.

Both of the Exceptional Circumstances Regulations require the claimant to re-qualify from scratch each time they are assessed, showing that they still meet the criteria, so it is easy to fail to re-qualify if you are unable to provide up to date evidence supporting the risk to you or others.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.