× Members

WRAG dilemma. Appeal or not ?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110870 by Renward
WRAG dilemma. Appeal or not ? was created by Renward
I have been stuck in WRAG like so many others.

My wife and the guy from the WFI advised me to appeal against this and try and get into the Support Group.

I have begun second stage appeal proceedings after the DWP reiterated their decision to put me in WRAG. Now, having talked to a very helpful gentleman from the Law Centre I am now wondering whether if I am actually ill enough to be put in the SG and that my appeal could well fail.

The only thing stopping me from withdrawing my appeal (I have about a week to make a decision) is the fact that :

a) I haven't /didn't have to have a medical this time around

and

b) My Doctor has had NO input into any of this.

What the heck should I do ?

Do I Accept the fact that I'm in WRAG (and turn up to the pointless WFIs or get exemption from the Doctor) and forget it until this fiasco starts again ?

OR do I plough on with the appeal with extra evidence from the doctor ?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110878 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WRAG dilemma. Appeal or not ?
Hi,

Obviously we cannot tell you what you should do. What I do suggest is that you look carefully at the Support Group descriptors and decide whether you believe you can supply sufficient evidence that you meet one or more of these.

Qualifying for the Support Group

It is also possible that the Tribunal could decide that you are not eligible for ESA at all (although they are supposed to warn you if they believe they might do this). So you should be very sure in your own mind that your current award is secure.

Qualifying for the WRAG

It looks as if your forum name might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain a degree of anonymity. If you wish to change your username you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It would be a god idea to make this thread a favourite on your web browser, or bookmark it, so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can come back and ask any further questions here and we will have the advantage of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110890 by Renward
Replied by Renward on topic WRAG dilemma. Appeal or not ?
thanks very much Mrs HB.

I seem to have swung the other way now ; that is to carry on with the appeal.

It appears I am on the cusp of many of the descriptors required for entry to the SG. Even if I do fall down (no pun intended) on any of these I could fall back on the exceptional circumstances concerning safety etc.

It's just a pain that I can't get to see my Doctor until the 15th October.

Can I still withdraw my appeal at a later stage ?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WRAG dilemma. Appeal or not ?

Renward wrote: thanks very much Mrs HB.

I seem to have swung the other way now ; that is to carry on with the appeal.

It appears I am on the cusp of many of the descriptors required for entry to the SG. Even if I do fall down (no pun intended) on any of these I could fall back on the exceptional circumstances concerning safety etc.

It's just a pain that I can't get to see my Doctor until the 15th October.

Can I still withdraw my appeal at a later stage ?

You can in principle withdraw an appeal on the day of the hearing but if possible try and make the decision to continue or not a couple of weeks in advance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.