× Members

ATOS HCP COmplaint To Ther registered Body eg NMC

More
10 years 7 months ago #110873 by Bill24chev
My wife had an WCA in June last year (2012) despite receiving DLA at the Higher rate of Care & Mobility and her physical condition being obvious to any but a person with impaired sight she scored Nil points for any descriptor. The assessment report bore no semblance to what was said during the assessment. (we were unaware of the right for a recording at the time) so we appealed.

The First Tier Tribunal placed my wife in the Support Group based on the Mobility descriptor but would have also been place there on others. the DWP have not appealed the decision.

My wife is an HCP herself (RNLD & Registered Social Worker) and was appalled by the way she was treated by the ATOS HCP and The DWP. In fact she believes that the Assessment Report and subsequent DWP correspondence had cast doubts on her professional integrity.

On my wife's behalf I made a complaint to the HCP;s registered Body the NMC. and because we were worried about possible future difficulties with DWP/Atos they are now looking at the complaint without reference to us.

As any one else made a formal complaint to a HCP's registered body such as NMC or BMA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #110900 by Gordon
Bumped by Moderator

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 7 months ago #110904 by John
I also had atos out for an assessment regarding my old DLA claim. I was on HRC and LRC. I was then diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. After his rubbish report, I then got a letter saying I didn't qualify for anything!..... I managed to get a copy of the HCP report and it was no more medically technical than a Peter and Jane book. I complained to ATOS directly and they did acknowledge that the mental health part was 'weak'.... I would say non-existent, so after I have a cpn, and have visited a mental health outpatients clinic, the HCP wrote,low mode, low mood! Unbelievable...I am now waiting for my tribuneral.
I have now made a new claim for PIP 3 months ago and am waiting for the outcome....

• del
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110934 by del
Note sure if I can post the link of here but I came across this article the other day which I found very interesting. Not sure if it will be of any use but might give an insight as to what we are all up against.

www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosveterans.html
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110941 by Gordon

del wrote: Note sure if I can post the link of here but I came across this article the other day which I found very interesting. Not sure if it will be of any use but might give an insight as to what we are all up against.

I have allowed the post. but want to make it clear that we have no way of validating any of the information on the page you refer to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.