× Members

ESA for 8 weeks?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110946 by bailey
ESA for 8 weeks? was created by bailey
Hello,

I completed an ESA 50 a few weeks ago, and received a decision recently - i'm awarded contribution-based ESA, plus i've been placed in the support group.

The letter includes a breakdown of what money I'll receive, but goes on to state that the amounts only apply from a period of time that amounts to 8 weeks (beginning of Oct to the end of Nov).

What does this mean? Should I take it literally? Is it right?

Regards,

b.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110949 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA for 8 weeks?

bailey wrote: Hello,

I completed an ESA 50 a few weeks ago, and received a decision recently - i'm awarded contribution-based ESA, plus i've been placed in the support group.

The letter includes a breakdown of what money I'll receive, but goes on to state that the amounts only apply from a period of time that amounts to 8 weeks (beginning of Oct to the end of Nov).

What does this mean? Should I take it literally? Is it right?

Regards,

b.

Congratulations on the SG award !! :)

The decision notice letter, which is the letter that you speak of, does not contain the recommended length of the award before reassessment. (The prognosis)

The November date that you speak of is for administration purposes, and is tied in with payment of The Xmas Bonus, which is payable from the pay week after the November date.

To find out the prognosis, you can ring the telephone number on the letter where they should have it on their computer screen.

You can also request it in writing if you wish :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

See this similar query :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=99291#110847

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110950 by bailey
Replied by bailey on topic ESA for 8 weeks?
thank you everso much for your prompt reply, bro58, and to everyone at B&W for your consistently excellent advice and guides.

best,

b.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago #110952 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA for 8 weeks?

bailey wrote: thank you everso much for your prompt reply, bro58, and to everyone at B&W for your consistently excellent advice and guides.

best,

b.

Hi b,

You are most welcome, and thanks for the kind words which are much appreciated by all at B&W.

The maximum prognosis is 3 years, hopefully that will be the case with your SG award.

How often will I be reviewed

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.