× Members

Rapid Reclaim

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111174 by ka
Rapid Reclaim was created by ka
A few questions here.

If one makes a rapid reclaim to ESA during the 12 week RR period, what rate of benefit should they be paid once the RR has been processed? I cannot see any specific guidance on this point. Obviously if someone is making a RR and they have never had a WCA, one would expect them to be paid the assessment rate. However, if the claimant has had a WCA one expect the claimant to continue to receive the rate they were before the stopped receiving ESA.

I ask as I was in the support group and have made a RR and have been told off one DWP staff that I will receive the assessment rate and from another that I will continue to receive SG rate. Both have said I must submit Med3s.

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rapid Reclaim

ka wrote: A few questions here.

If one makes a rapid reclaim to ESA during the 12 week RR period, what rate of benefit should they be paid once the RR has been processed? I cannot see any specific guidance on this point. Obviously if someone is making a RR and they have never had a WCA, one would expect them to be paid the assessment rate. However, if the claimant has had a WCA one expect the claimant to continue to receive the rate they were before the stopped receiving ESA.

I ask as I was in the support group and have made a RR and have been told off one DWP staff that I will receive the assessment rate and from another that I will continue to receive SG rate. Both have said I must submit Med3s.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, having done a search and found an answer, a further link showed that the guidance had changed.

So you should receive the Support Group rate based on the contents of the following DWP memo.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/m-14-12.pdf

Paragraph 12 onwards and in particular Example 2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111366 by ka
Replied by ka on topic Rapid Reclaim
Thanks, you were right, I am going to receive the Support Group rate.

However, they are requesting a new Med3. Fortunately that is not a problem for me, but I find it odd given they have not asked for those for over a year.

Just before I cancelled my claim and started work, I received an ESA50 from Atos. I was told to ignore this. However, now that I have reopened my claim, what should I do? Do I complete and return it or do I await a new ESA50 to be sent out to me? As it happens I kept the ESA50 but I could have binned it when they told me I wouldn't need it anymore.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Rapid Reclaim

ka wrote: Thanks, you were right, I am going to receive the Support Group rate.

However, they are requesting a new Med3. Fortunately that is not a problem for me, but I find it odd given they have not asked for those for over a year.

Just before I cancelled my claim and started work, I received an ESA50 from Atos. I was told to ignore this. However, now that I have reopened my claim, what should I do? Do I complete and return it or do I await a new ESA50 to be sent out to me? As it happens I kept the ESA50 but I could have binned it when they told me I wouldn't need it anymore.

You should wait for a new one to be issued, but you can start filling it out now if you use the electronic copy.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #111522 by ka
This may be the second time I have posted this, but anyway I spoke to atos and they said the claim is still showing as live on their system and I should attempt to return the ESA50 within the original timeline or it may affect my benefit. Fortunately I have now completed it and will return next week via recorded delivery (the deadline is 18th October). My welfare advisor at uni has helped me complete the form and compile relevant medical evidence. This is my third such WCA and I am providing more evidence than ever (the longer I am ill the more I seem to accumulate!), so I am hopeful of a third SG no medical result. The amount of evidence is so large I am going down the tape the envelope to a large envelope route to return it!

Wish me luck. DLA renewal my next task. I'm conscious how much time I'm spending jumping through these hoops rather than reading for my degree.... Oh well.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111706 by ka
Sent it off today. I sellotaped the envelope onto an A4 envelope. Post Office said I had to pay to send it as the free post envelope only covers that size. They couldn't even discount the value from the free post envelope off what I had to pay. Anyway, it has cost me £2.50 to send it 2nd class recorded. Bit annoyed at having to pay but it's not the end of the world. Now it's 4-12 weeks of worry and fearing being called to a medical.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.