× Members

ESA85 - ESA85A

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111330 by ibroxbear1873
ESA85 - ESA85A was created by ibroxbear1873
I know there is a note somewhere on here explaining the difference as i have seen it before but can not find it again.....

Is the difference between the two that the ESA85A is completed when there is no face to face assessment? As opposed to ESA85 when there is a f2f assessment?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111332 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85 - ESA85A

BigTam wrote: I know there is a note somewhere on here explaining the difference as i have seen it before but can not find it again.....

Is the difference between the two that the ESA85A is completed when there is no face to face assessment? As opposed to ESA85 when there is a f2f assessment?

Thanks

That is correct BT,

ESA85 = F2F assessment takes place.

ESA85A = No F2F assessment, paper scrutiny only.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111336 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic ESA85 - ESA85A
Thanks, So what would you make of this situation -

Requested information regarding recent decision and received an ESA85A yet it also stated that the HCP had done a f2f assessment?

And they had not, and it was a ESA85A which surely should have been a ESA85 if they had done.

Confused :unsure:

Clerical error perhaps or something much more deceitful?

• bro58
10 years 7 months ago #111337 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85 - ESA85A

BigTam wrote: Thanks, So what would you make of this situation -

Requested information regarding recent decision and received an ESA85A yet it also stated that the HCP had done a f2f assessment?

And they had not, and it was a ESA85A which surely should have been a ESA85 if they had done.

Confused :unsure:

Clerical error perhaps or something much more deceitful?

Hi BT,

Most probably just another "cock up", it does not really make any material difference to the decision.

Looking back, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#104010

It would seem that the DM chose to ignore the WRAG recommendations within the ESA85A, anyway.

Have you managed to find out why the DM placed you into The SG instead of WRAG ? That information may be more useful to refer to than the ATOS recommendations in The ESA85A.

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111343 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic ESA85 - ESA85A
It is all very confusing as that particular question you referred to which I asked previously was for the year before and I never did find out as there was not enough time for this years ESA50 if that makes sense.

However I did find out this year as part of the request for information I submitted and this is where the error has appeared with the ESA85A and alleged medical attendance.

As I am very happy with the outcome I do not want to upset the applecart so to speak but the problem is that one of the descriptors applied by the DM in my SG award completely contradicts that of being able to attend an “alleged f2f assessment” if you know what I mean.

Which is further complicated by not being able to submit that evidence for PIP as it is wrong in the sense there was no f2f assessment…….Argh

If I could be sure it was only a clerical error and nothing more devious and deliberate I would not be so worried, but I am concerned that it could bring on another ESA50 if it all comes to light with the PIP process just starting and it all being done by Atos.

Hope you can make sense of that as I am struggling to explain it and is quite long winded and not easy to put into words (for me anyway)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111346 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85 - ESA85A
BigTam

Are you sure it says you attended an assessment and not just that an assessment was done, the two not being the same?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.