× Members

Very Confused

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111391 by killbot99
Very Confused was created by killbot99
Hi

I hope someone can clear something up for me please. I received a decision letter this morning, an ESA72, I didn't get this last time. On this form it says "this form tells you about your limited capability for work and limited capability for work related activity" etc etc.

It then goes on to talk about the WRAG group and there is a box next to this which can be ticked with a pen. On reading this hubby and I instantly assumed I had been placed in WRAG from the SG group, following my re-assessment ESA50 which I sent off in July. I freaked out because I thought I would have to appeal.

However on the second page is the Support Group paragraph and this has a tick besides it. The form also mentions future assessments and gives me a review date of 9/9/2015. Does this mean I can take it I am in the SG again? There is a squiggle next to the medical statements paragraph further down, I assume this mean I will not have to send in medical certificates. However I have never needed to do so as I went to ESA from IB.

I have to say this letter is extremely confusing. Surely if it is an SG award this should be made much clearer than a box ticking exercise. Is there any way to know for sure one way or another? I got paid on Monday 30 Sept and that was the usual amount and I am not due to get another payment until 14 October, so see if the amount has changed.

My questions are, if this review was carried out on 9/9/2015 would my payment have been changed over in time for this week's payment if I am in the WRAG, or does it take time for the DWP to change the amount you are paid?

I am going to write for my new ESA85A, following B&W advice. As I would like to see what descriptor I met for future reference. Will this form be able to throw some light on a very confusing situation, ie whether this an WRAG or SG award.

Why don't they make things easier? I am not stupid but hubby and I were scratching our heads this morning. The last letter I got re transferring from IB to ESA was much more obvious. Thanks.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Very Confused
MCW

The ESA72 was trialled some time ago in a number of DWP offices, we have not seen one issued for several months, it is intended to provide information on the group the claimant has been placed in and the likely date of a re-assessment.

Just to confirm what you have posted; the tick box for the WRAG section is not ticked and the one in the section for the Support Group is, this being the case then I would say you are in the SG again!

If you want confirmation then phone the DWP, they should be able to tell you over the phone.

I do not know the lead time for changes to ESA payments, it will depend on your pay day in part, but I would have thought they would only need a couple of days lead time to effect a change.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111394 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Very Confused
Hi,

Here is a sample of an ESA72 Form (version 04/10) :

ESA72 Form

As Gordon says, we have not heard from many members who have actually received the ESA72.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111396 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Very Confused
Hi

I contemplated phoning them but I am very anxious talking on the phone and I really don't want to talk to them to be honest. Silly I know but I got such a lot of garbage in January, when my last award was discussed, talking about back payments and other things that turned out to be wrong that I deliberately did not include my phone number this time as I wanted everything in writing.

In my experience the DWP staff are not knowledgeable and you often end up more confused than when you started. I am also reluctant to rock the boat. I intend to send off for my ESA85A in the next day or so so if that comes quickly, like last time, then hopefully that should clear things up.

I should be feeling happy, especially as the re-assessment time has doubled, from 12 months to 24 but I am only willing to be cautiously optimistic. Still 10 weeks exactly from submission to hearing about the award is good going. I expected at least a 3 month wait.

This form is rubbish though and I will guarantee it will cause great confusion for many people.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111400 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Very Confused
Hi

Thank you Bro, that is the form I received with a tick next to the Support group paragraph. So I can take it I am remaining in the SG for the next two years by the look of it. As I said I intend to write off for my copy of the ESA85A and hopefully that will clear up any remaining confusion. I wish they had made more definite.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #111402 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Very Confused

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

Thank you Bro, that is the form I received with a tick next to the Support group paragraph. So I can take it I am remaining in the SG for the next two years by the look of it. As I said I intend to write off for my copy of the ESA85A and hopefully that will clear up any remaining confusion. I wish they had made more definite.

Hi mcw,

It would seem logical to assume that if the Support Group box is ticked that would mean that you are in The SG.

As we all know too well, all logic goes out of the window, when it comes to DWP/ATOS.

I am therefore going to offer a "cautious" congratulations on being placed into The SG once more for 2 years. !!!! :laugh:

Please let us know, when you can categorically confirm this.

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.