× Members

DLA

• tracy
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111392 by tracy
DLA was created by tracy
Hi just wondered if anyone could help me ? i applied right back April 29th for DLA sent in numerous medical documents forms and letters from O.T, just recently back in August was told i was to receive a vist at home 6th September which went o,k apart from her been late and me not been able to do hardly anything she asked me to do.....report was sent back to DLA and was on there system by september 13th, i rang them on on 18th September and was told i would receive a call back in 48 hours which didn,t happen... in the mean time i received a letter 24th September saying i was getting a home visit i was very confused, so rang up and asked what was happeningand why another visit and why i hadn,t received a phone call back ? after been left on the phone for around 10 minutes i was put through to leeds who told me it had just been a cross over with letter, as they had received medical report and all documents ,i was then informed there was not enough award advisors at the moment as most of them had been taken off for PIP training and advisors where doing awards when there was overtime, i was then told to leave it another week, I still haven,t heard a thing from them... i was also told not to worry as they where been done (awards) in alphabetical order and there was alot of people in the same boat..... i was told by original lady it should have only taken around 12 weeks... really confused as what to do next :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #111399 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA

tracy wrote: Hi just wondered if anyone could help me ? i applied right back April 29th for DLA sent in numerous medical documents forms and letters from O.T, just recently back in August was told i was to receive a vist at home 6th September which went o,k apart from her been late and me not been able to do hardly anything she asked me to do.....report was sent back to DLA and was on there system by september 13th, i rang them on on 18th September and was told i would receive a call back in 48 hours which didn,t happen... in the mean time i received a letter 24th September saying i was getting a home visit i was very confused, so rang up and asked what was happeningand why another visit and why i hadn,t received a phone call back ? after been left on the phone for around 10 minutes i was put through to leeds who told me it had just been a cross over with letter, as they had received medical report and all documents ,i was then informed there was not enough award advisors at the moment as most of them had been taken off for PIP training and advisors where doing awards when there was overtime, i was then told to leave it another week, I still haven,t heard a thing from them... i was also told not to worry as they where been done (awards) in alphabetical order and there was alot of people in the same boat..... i was told by original lady it should have only taken around 12 weeks... really confused as what to do next :unsure:

Hi t,

It seems that claimants are suffering delays in receiving decisions across the board, DLA, PIP, ESA, etc.

You could make a complaint to The DWP and/or involve your M.P.

Contacting your MP

Complaining to The DWP

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Whether any of the above would have the desired effect, in an unknown. :(

bro58

• tracy
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111584 by tracy
Replied by tracy on topic DLA
Just wanted to let you know i received decision today on my DLA was shocked to find out i was awarded HRM and LRC...I actually thought it would be the other way around as i need alot of care and support during the day and night....I don,t usually go out as i can,t push my own wheelchair and wait for someone to take me out thats if i actually feel up to it ..... I constantly need support and to be truthful i,m now even more confused.....Can i ask for this award to be looked at again by DM or do i appeal really don,t understand this decision,,if i do go ahead what is the best way forward ??? Does this also mean my award would stop ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111618 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA

tracy wrote: Just wanted to let you know i received decision today on my DLA was shocked to find out i was awarded HRM and LRC...I actually thought it would be the other way around as i need alot of care and support during the day and night....I don,t usually go out as i can,t push my own wheelchair and wait for someone to take me out thats if i actually feel up to it ..... I constantly need support and to be truthful i,m now even more confused.....Can i ask for this award to be looked at again by DM or do i appeal really don,t understand this decision,,if i do go ahead what is the best way forward ??? Does this also mean my award would stop ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

You can challenge the Decision and specifically the Care award, but you need to be aware that both the DWP and a Tribunal panel can expand the scope of the review to your whole award, and can potentially remove it, so as a starting point you should have a look at how strong your Higher Rate Mobility aware is, I note you were surprised to get it, and how strong your claim for night time care is.

In both cases, I would start by going back to the DLA Claim guides and in effect re-write your original DLA claim form.

Have a look at our DLA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaappeals

you might want to have a look at some of the other DLA resources available in the DLA area which might be of assistance.

In terms of appealing

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago #111619 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA

tracy wrote: Just wanted to let you know i received decision today on my DLA was shocked to find out i was awarded HRM and LRC...I actually thought it would be the other way around as i need alot of care and support during the day and night....I don,t usually go out as i can,t push my own wheelchair and wait for someone to take me out thats if i actually feel up to it ..... I constantly need support and to be truthful i,m now even more confused.....Can i ask for this award to be looked at again by DM or do i appeal really don,t understand this decision,,if i do go ahead what is the best way forward ??? Does this also mean my award would stop ? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Hi t,

Congratulations on the DLA award !! :)

You can request a reconsideration, however we recommend that you appeal in the first instance as you will the receive an automatic reconsideration anyway.

Once you appeal, you will continue to receive the current rate of DLA, until a fresh determination is made, by either the DM at automatic reconsideration, or if unsuccessful then, at the appeal hearing.

There is a link to a document entitled :

"Appealing Against A Disability Living Allowance Decision "

On this page :

DLA Guides

See also :

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for?

&

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

From our : Appeals FAQ’s

See also : DLA FAQ’s

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.