× Members

Placed in WRAG

• mazt
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111477 by mazt
Placed in WRAG was created by mazt
Just received my decision letter. Placed in WRAG but I should have been in support group. Should I ask for statement of reason before appeal?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #111489 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Placed in WRAG

mazt wrote: Just received my decision letter. Placed in WRAG but I should have been in support group. Should I ask for statement of reason before appeal?

It is unlikely that you will actually receive a Statement of Reasons but there is no harm in asking, I would certainly recommend that you do not miss the normal deadline for lodging your appeal by waiting for it.

You should have a look at the following.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

and our ESA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Qualifying for the Support Group

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mazt
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111636 by mazt
Replied by mazt on topic Placed in WRAG
i am confused as to whether i should appeal against DWP decision which has put me in the WRAG instead of support group. I have read that after a successful appeal you can be sent another ESA50 to fill out which could place you back in WRAG.
This would cause me too much stress and anxiety. I just could not deal with it. My present situation is bad enough.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111639 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Placed in WRAG
Hi Mazt,

Everyone on ESA should expect periodic reassessments which can come at intervals of anything from 3 months to 2 years (for WRAG) or 3 years (for support Group). Each of these reassessments has the potential to find the claimant 'for for work' or to place him/her into WRAG or Support Group.

Anyone on contributary ESA will be allowed 365 days in WRAG (this could be spread over more than one assessment period) and the claimant will then be means-tested to see if s/he qualifies for income-related ESA. Support Group payments are not time-limited in this way.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111641 by
Replied by on topic Placed in WRAG
Hi m,

I have merged your post to your previous query, for continuity.

In other words as MHB states, whether you appeal or not, you will face regular reassessments for ESA, which will entail filling out a new ESA50, etc, etc.

This will continue for as long as you remain classed as "unfit for work" and/or "unfit for work related activity". (WRAG or SG), until you reach State Pension Age.

As MHB also states, if you remain in The WRAG in receipt of CB ESA alone, you will only be paid this for 365 days.

How often will I be reviewed

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• mazt
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111686 by mazt
Replied by mazt on topic Placed in WRAG
Thanks Mrs H
In my decision letter it stated that i was entitled to BOTH contribution-based ESA and income-related ESA.
Is this normal and what does that mean.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.