× Members

Fed-up being told stories and then being ignored

• del
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111508 by del
Don't know what to do as I am getting nowhere with my benefits office, I find it appauling the way they are treating me.

I telephone the number on their letters, call centre take message pass it to local office, someone from local office phones me back, including managers and promise they will deal with the matter within two weeks, this has happened on approximately 8 occasions or more now, it has now been ongoing for six months. Still not be resolved. It is like each person spins me another story.

They say they do not receive my letters, lose my original bank statements, lost two SARs and yet when they want to deduct money off my ESA (IR) they send me out forms, I return them and they actually receive these and deal with them immediately. I send all mail in special delivery and it makes absolutely no difference unless of course it is as I say to deduct money from me due to an increase in my finances, last time it took 2 months to acknowledge receipt of letter which was via phone call from DWP (I mentioned this in another post).I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of being treated in such an appauling manner. Surely these people should be held accountable for this, the whole situation is making me ill with stress, it is like I am constantly banging my head off a brick wall.

Sorry for the rant but I am so fed up with all of this.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111516 by bro58

del wrote: Don't know what to do as I am getting nowhere with my benefits office, I find it appauling the way they are treating me.

I telephone the number on their letters, call centre take message pass it to local office, someone from local office phones me back, including managers and promise they will deal with the matter within two weeks, this has happened on approximately 8 occasions or more now, it has now been ongoing for six months. Still not be resolved. It is like each person spins me another story.

They say they do not receive my letters, lose my original bank statements, lost two SARs and yet when they want to deduct money off my ESA (IR) they send me out forms, I return them and they actually receive these and deal with them immediately. I send all mail in special delivery and it makes absolutely no difference unless of course it is as I say to deduct money from me due to an increase in my finances, last time it took 2 months to acknowledge receipt of letter which was via phone call from DWP (I mentioned this in another post).I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of being treated in such an appauling manner. Surely these people should be held accountable for this, the whole situation is making me ill with stress, it is like I am constantly banging my head off a brick wall.

Hi d,

You have suffered awfully.

I am sorry but all that I can suggest is the following, which may have already been suggested. :(

Complaining to The DWP

DWP Complaints process :

1. Complain to the office against which the complaint lies;

2. Complain to the District Manager;

3. Complain to the Chief Operating Officer (Chief Operating Officer, Department for Work and Pensions, 6th Floor, Caxton House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NA;

4. Contact Independent Case Examiner (ICE)

5. Contact Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

At stages 1-3 the procedure specifies that the JC should reply within 15 working days.
If no response is given by the 15 day deadline move on to the next stage.

Contacting your MP

bro58

• del
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111521 by del

bro58 wrote:

del wrote: Don't know what to do as I am getting nowhere with my benefits office, I find it appauling the way they are treating me.

Hi d,

I am sorry but all that I can suggest is the following, which may have already been suggested. :(

Complaining to The DWP

DWP Complaints process :

3. Complain to the Chief Operating Officer (Chief Operating Officer, Department for Work and Pensions, 6th Floor, Caxton House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NA;

At stages 1-3 the procedure specifies that the JC should reply within 15 working days.

Contacting your MP

bro58

Thanks bro58, I will go through the above and commence complaint in the hope someone will take some notice. Once or twice is fair enough but for absolutely everything I contact them with to go wrong is just totally unacceptable.

I was actually asked the first time when I phoned them for some general information regarding SAR what I wanted the information for, naively I told them. Have since read in a handbook online somewhere that staff should never ask what claimant needs SAR for. I now wonder if this is the reasons for not responding to SAR is they are playing silly beggars or wise beggars in delaying tactics.

• bro58
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111527 by bro58

del wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Hi d,

Complaining to The DWP

DWP Complaints process :

Contacting your MP

bro58

Thanks bro58, I will go through the above and commence complaint in the hope someone will take some notice. Once or twice is fair enough but for absolutely everything I contact them with to go wrong is just totally unacceptable.

I was actually asked the first time when I phoned them for some general information regarding SAR what I wanted the information for, naively I told them. Have since read in a handbook online somewhere that staff should never ask what claimant needs SAR for. I now wonder if this is the reasons for not responding to SAR is they are playing silly beggars or wise beggars in delaying tactics.

Hi d,

Any complaints regarding a SAR should be directed to The ICO :

www.ico.org.uk/complaints

After a quick search, I have just found the following on the net.

They may well be for advisers, but as they are in the public domain, then there is nothing to stop you having a go.

I don't know whether the contact details will be relevant to the DWP offices dealing with you, or whether the JCP offices are applicable to your problems.

I haven't really read the PDF's.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...istrict-managers.pdf

rightwelfare.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=404

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.