× Members

HELP!WFI for ESA appointment

• marshbr
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111588 by marshbr
HELP!WFI for ESA appointment was created by marshbr
I have a WFI work focused interview appointment from the local job centre on 10th Oct - I wrote to the office last week (g'td next day post) asking them to confirm I must still attend as I'm appealing the ESA decision not to place me in the support group.

I asked for a response in writing to confirm I must still attend - but nothing as yet - I phoned them today (071013) and they said they would pass the request to the interviewee to deal with it - what should i do if they don't confirm in writing before 10th Oct whether I should attend?

If I hear nothing from them before 10th Oct am I legally bound to attend and if I do nothing more as of now is it likely my benefits will be affected - if so do I have any redress as I have contacted them twice now.

Hope someone can help as getting close to the date ....

Big thanks

Marshbr
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111600 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic HELP!WFI for ESA appointment
Hi Marshbr,

I'm afraid that you are required to attend WFIs while awaiting appeal if you are requested to do so. Some JobCentre advisers will agree to defer these until a decision is made, some will hold the WFIs on the phone. It is even, theoretically, possible to have them carried out in your own home - but I don't think I have ever heard of this actually happening! These actions are totally at the discretion of the adviser, the claimant does not have any right to demand them.

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

WFIs are supposed to take account your limitations and impairments, you might find it more effective to phone and speak to your adviser directly and explain why you would find it difficult to undertake any WFIs. If you do not get agreement that you do not need to attend, you should be aware that not turning up could risk your benefit being sanctioned.

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.