× Members

Atos effectively overiding Tribunal ?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111624 by nixart
Your fantastic and kind advice assisted me in getting an ill man in support group at tribunal. Immediately 12 months were up Atos requested a medical and found him fit for work group. Curious considering his condition is NOT affected by the new ESA50 guidelines AND his condition has not changed.

This puts Atos at immediate loggerheads with Tribunals past decision. How do I approach this as there seems little point in presenting an identical case to the tribunal ?

Atos summary is wholly rediculous and inaacurate.

May I also ask if Atos and DWP are LEGALLY allowed to ignore a Doctors INDEFINITE sick note ????

Big love to u all
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111629 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Atos effectively overiding Tribunal ?
Hi nixart,

Sorry to hear that you are having to go through this again! :( I will try to deal with your questions in order -
It often seems to happen that different Decision Makers have conflicting opinions of the same facts, even though the claimant's condition is unchanged.

As the tribunal found in your favour last time, there is no reason why they should not do so this time. All you can do is highlight the descriptors that apply and provide as much evidence as you can to back this up.

You should be careful not to focus your efforts on discrediting the ATOS report as doing this would, at best, get you another assessment. In order to gain the support Group you must show how the claimant meets the descriptors.

I am not sure whether you mean that the claimant was in the group of people who are found 'fit for work' or whether he was put into the Work Related Activity Group? If the latter, he will be obliged to attend Work Focused Interviews if requested to do so but should not be forwarded to the Work Program. It is possible to have thse interviews carried out over the phone, or even suspended awaiting appeal, but this is entirely at the discretion of the JobCentre adviser.

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

I am afraid that, in law, the opinion of the DWP Decision Maker 'trumps' any certificate or letter provided by a GP (or even consultant)!

Please come back to this topic to ask any further questions - you will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite on your web browser, and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.