× Members

DLA appeal?

• soozieqoos
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111679 by soozieqoos
DLA appeal? was created by soozieqoos
Hi,
Sorry if this is already covered somewhere, but I have M.E and my brain fog is so bad atm. I'm appealing against a 'fit for work' by ATOS re:ESA, I also recently completed a renewal form for DLA, I've been awarded high rate mobilitly again but care componant has dropped from middle to low. So, now I've lost the disability part of ESA and the ability to claim carers allowance.
My question is, is it worth me trying to appeal the DLA care component? I'm in quite a tizz about all this, but my cousin has said she will help read the forms for me, as i get so incredibly confused now.
Thank you for reading.
Sooz x
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #111682 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA appeal?
Hi soozie,

Yes, you can appeal against the decision to award you LRC DLA. However, you need to be aware that DWP/Tribunal service can (and probably will) look at your whole claim again and they can reduce your current award as well as increase it. So you should be as sure as possible that your current award is secure beofre you submit an appeal.

Our DLA FAQs are here

DLA FAQs

If you have further questions, please come back and ask them here. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it, or make it a favourite on your web browser, now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: soozieqoos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.