× Members

"Audited" ATOS Medical Assessment Reports

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111791 by Augustus
I was recently re-assessed for ESA and found out that the reason it took a while for the ATOS report to reach the DWP was that mine had been selected to be audited.
I took this to mean that my HCP's report would be cross-checked and therefore be more robust.

Meanwhile I complained to ATOS customer services about the conduct ofthe medical as it took over 90 mins. Imagine my surprise when a letter came back admitting that the the ATOS customer services medical advisor considered that my HCP's report had "contradictory and inconsisent" elements, and that the descriptors chosen were not sufficientlyl justified.

They promised to send these findings to the DWP but I am not clear whether they reached them before DWP removed me from Support.

Is anyone surprised that an "audited" report should still be so deficient? aslo. is it a good idea to refer to this in my appeal, together with a copy of the ATOS letter, or is it considered counter-productive to criticise [even obliquely] ATOS HCPs?

Thank you

A
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic "Audited" ATOS Medical Assessment Reports
Augustus

It is quite likely that the HCP who carried out the assessment on you was not aware that their report was to be audited, so it is not entirely surprising to find it deficient. We regularly hear of considerable discrepancies in the ESA85 report even when the assessment was recorded and there is therefore a clear record of what was said during the interview, so nothing should surprise us.

As you were moved from the SG to the WRAG, the DWP Decision Maker needs to justify this change in award, especially if your position is that your condition has not changed or is worse, so it is certainly worth considering the inclusion of these comments in your appeal, if the medical report is classified as sub-standard.

However, you should be aware that the Tribunal panel, if they believe that that the independent evidence provided by ATOS is insufficient, can order that a new medical is carried out, unfortunately there is no way to know whether this will happen until your case is heard.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.