× Members

ESA

More
10 years 7 months ago #112207 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Tim

Actually it does, from the ESA50

By moving we mean including the use of aids such as a manual wheelchair, crutches or a walking stick, if you usually use one, but without the help of another person.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #112209 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA
Note that this says 'if you usually use one', but that is not how it is being interpreted and used by the Decision Makers!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• del
10 years 7 months ago #112212 by del
Replied by del on topic ESA
Tim, I do not use a wheelchair however as moderators have said it is definitely taken into consideration. Fortunately and thankfully in my own case ATOS nurse said I would not be able to use a wheelchair.

• Tim
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #112213 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic ESA
I could not use a wheelchair as it would put to much pressure on my spine ?? sitting in one let alone trying to bend forward to propel myself
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #112214 by
Replied by on topic ESA

Tim wrote: I could not use a wheelchair as it would put to much pressure on my spine ?? sitting in one let alone trying to bend forward to propel myself

Hi T,

This is exactly the type of evidence that you should reiterate, so your evidence should not only refer to your limitations in walking, it should also refer to your limitations in self propelling a manual wheelchair, unaided for the same distance.

You cannot assume that ATOS or The DWP DM will come to this conclusion without you pointing it out to them.

Remember, you will be assessed on whether you could use a manual wheelchair as above even if you have never used one before :

From Activity 1. (Mobilising) of The WRAG & SG Descriptors :

"1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid is normally or could reasonably be worn or used."

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

• Tim
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #112468 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic ESA
I am going mad , so many people tell you different things , getting so confused and ill over this transfer , my pychartrist will only submit a med report if CAB request one , but CAB told me at this stage they will not ask for one and only fill the form out ??? i can put down my psycharatrists name and addresss on my ESA50 and let the DWP get intouch with her ?? why wont CAB ask for this report now to submit striaght away ???
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.