× Members

ESA review.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112042 by LadyLuna
ESA review. was created by LadyLuna
With your help I filled in the ESA 50 to renew my current ESA claim.

I have great difficulty walking a majority of the time.The office they are due to send me to is several floors up and accessible by a lift but I stated in an emergency I would be unable to get down stairs. Also the office I went to last time has no parking outside. The car park is a 15 minute walk away. Someone kindly dropped me at the door and picked me up last time. But I don't know if I will have anyone to help this year. I can drive but cannot use public transport. I know of another Atos office but again no parking close by.

Will they always call you in for a medical?

Can I insist on going to an office where I can park outside?

Plus, I sent the form back for last Tuesdays deadline, how long will they take to let me know either a medical date or if they are continuing or denying my claim?

Sorry to ask so many questions.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112049 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA review.
Hi Lady L,

It is not certain that you would have to undergo a face2face assessment (it would not be a 'medical' as such), many people do get awarded ESA without. There is a better chance of this is information and evidence is provided to go alongside the ESA50 form.

I don't think the claimant is able to 'insist' on anything during the whole process. You can certainly contact ATOS and ask for the assessment to be carried out somewhere accessible for you. It might help if you ask for this as a 'reasonable adjustment' for your limitations.

It could take a few weeks or several months for you to hear anything. DWP/ATOS seem to be getting further and further behind

How long until they make a decision?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.