× Members

LT54 - what to expect

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112080 by SCHSheff
LT54 - what to expect was created by SCHSheff
Hi,

In June I was migrated to the SG without a medical. Over the phone I was told this was for 18 months. After seeking advice from B&W, I sent in a SANTA01. On the form I asked for IB and ESA info, both clerical and computer records, from 01/01/13 to the date on the returned form. I asked for the ESA85a and the LT54. I specifically requested 'all other evidence considered by the decision maker including the length of prognosis of the SG award and the descriptors applied in coming to the decision'.

I have received 3 separate returns. I was going to detail all that each packet contained but suffice to say there were over 200 pages of photocopies/computer print outs!

I'll try to be brief:
- Packet 1 covered IB info dating back to 2009.

- Packet 2 partly covered ESA, including the ESA85a. The prognosis states 'I advise that work could be considered within 18 months' and the statement 'the available evidence...suggests that the client cannot mobilise unaided by another person, more than 50 metres without stopping because of significant discomfort and exhaustion due to Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis'. I have used an NHS electric wheelchair since 2005 because of damage to my knees and recurring foot abcesses, being unable to self propel because of damage to my hands and shoulders (all of which has worsened since then). My GP confirmed this in his supporting letter. Perhaps they've popped me in an imaginary manual wheelchair to see how I get on?

- Packet 3 contained IB assessment information from January 2009; a copy of my ESA50 with all the names and addresses on the attached medical info blocked out (something which wasn't done with my bank account details on the previous computer print outs); the LT54 - this stated that the conversion decision meets 'at least one of the descriptors set out in schedule 3 of the ESA regulations apply'. It does not say which descriptor (though it seems obvious) and no score sheet is included.

So my question is:
How detailed should an LT54 be? I suspect this is all the information anyone recorded at the time of assessment. It makes me wonder if anyone bothered to read the whole of my ESA50 after the mobility section.

Thanks, SCH
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112083 by
Replied by on topic LT54 - what to expect

SCHSheff wrote: Hi,

In June I was migrated to the SG without a medical. Over the phone I was told this was for 18 months. After seeking advice from B&W, I sent in a SANTA01. On the form I asked for IB and ESA info, both clerical and computer records, from 01/01/13 to the date on the returned form. I asked for the ESA85a and the LT54. I specifically requested 'all other evidence considered by the decision maker including the length of prognosis of the SG award and the descriptors applied in coming to the decision'.

I have received 3 separate returns. I was going to detail all that each packet contained but suffice to say there were over 200 pages of photocopies/computer print outs!

I'll try to be brief:
- Packet 1 covered IB info dating back to 2009.

- Packet 2 partly covered ESA, including the ESA85a. The prognosis states 'I advise that work could be considered within 18 months' and the statement 'the available evidence...suggests that the client cannot mobilise unaided by another person, more than 50 metres without stopping because of significant discomfort and exhaustion due to Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis'. I have used an NHS electric wheelchair since 2005 because of damage to my knees and recurring foot abcesses, being unable to self propel because of damage to my hands and shoulders (all of which has worsened since then). My GP confirmed this in his supporting letter. Perhaps they've popped me in an imaginary manual wheelchair to see how I get on?

- Packet 3 contained IB assessment information from January 2009; a copy of my ESA50 with all the names and addresses on the attached medical info blocked out (something which wasn't done with my bank account details on the previous computer print outs); the LT54 - this stated that the conversion decision meets 'at least one of the descriptors set out in schedule 3 of the ESA regulations apply'. It does not say which descriptor (though it seems obvious) and no score sheet is included.

So my question is:
How detailed should an LT54 be? I suspect this is all the information anyone recorded at the time of assessment. It makes me wonder if anyone bothered to read the whole of my ESA50 after the mobility section.

Thanks, SCH

Hi SS,

From the handful of LT54's that I have seen, what you have written seems pretty "par for the course".

One or two of them actually state which of The Schedule 3. SG descriptors apply, but they seem pretty individual to the particular DM filling them in.

As you say, from the ESA85A, it would seem obvious that Activity 1. (Mobilising) of The Schedule 3. SG Descriptors has been applied.

You are right, they do not tend to carry on with assessment once they find that one of The SG Descriptors apply. As Mobilising is Activity 1, that would explain no further comments with respect to any other limitations.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #112084 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LT54 - what to expect
SCHSheff

Just to add to Bro's comment, there is no requirement of the DWP Decision Maker to continue going through a claimants information once they have met a Support Group Descriptor, so you could have met half a dozen more, but would have not been any more entitled to the Support Group than you were by the first one.

I hope that makes sense :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.