× Members

DWP letter

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112238 by ejay1001
DWP letter was created by ejay1001
Hi, my wife filled in an ESA form in August and sent it back, she is currently in the Support Group.

Today we received a letter from the DWP saying...

Your claim for Employment Support Allowance

A change in the Employment And Support Allowance Rate Payable.

We have looked at your claim following a recent change.

From 13 April 2013 then it goes on to give a breakdown which shows extra money because you are in the support group.

My question is... Does this mean she doesn't have to have a medical?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112239 by
Replied by on topic DWP letter

ejay1001 wrote: Hi, my wife filled in an ESA form in August and sent it back, she is currently in the Support Group.

Today we received a letter from the DWP saying...

Your claim for Employment Support Allowance

A change in the Employment And Support Allowance Rate Payable.

We have looked at your claim following a recent change.

From 13 April 2013 then it goes on to give a breakdown which shows extra money because you are in the support group.

My question is... Does this mean she doesn't have to have a medical?

Thanks

Hi ej1001,

We have heard from a number of members who have received similar letters after submitting their ESA50.

In their case, they had indeed been placed into The SG once more without a F2F. ("Medical")

The only way to be sure, is to contact the DWP, you can ring the 0845 number on the letter.

Whilst on the phone, if it is confirmed that an SG award has been made, you could also ask for the prognosis of the award.

You could back this verbal request up in writing, if you want written confirmation.

Please return to update us, once you are sure that an SG award has been made.

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112240 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic DWP letter
Thanks I am always a bit weary about contacting them in-case it triggers something and I suffer with Brown envelope Dread syndrome...If I can build up the courage I will ring them on Monday and come back on with the news.

Thanks for your quick response. :)

10 years 6 months ago #112241 by

ejay1001 wrote: Thanks I am always a bit weary about contacting them in-case it triggers something and I suffer with Brown envelope Dread syndrome...If I can build up the courage I will ring them on Monday and come back on with the news.

Hi ej1001,

Ringing that number should not trigger anything adverse, you will only be speaking to a Call Responder in a Call Centre.

Once you have answered some security questions they should be able to bring your file up on their computer screen, and tell you whether the SG award is as a result of the recent reassessment, and the prognosis of the award.

bro58

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112243 by

bro58 wrote:

ejay1001 wrote: Thanks I am always a bit weary about contacting them in-case it triggers something and I suffer with Brown envelope Dread syndrome...If I can build up the courage I will ring them on Monday and come back on with the news.

Hi ej1001,

Ringing that number should not trigger anything adverse, you will only be speaking to a Call Responder in a Call Centre.

Once you have answered some security questions they should be able to bring your file up on their computer screen, and tell you whether the SG award is as a result of the recent reassessment, and the prognosis of the award.

bro58

Hi again,

If a fresh SG award is confirmed, you could then request that they send you a copy of The ESA85A medical report, this may tell you how and why the new SG award was made, as well as confirming the prognosis.

bro58

More
10 years 6 months ago #112244 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic DWP letter
That's a relief Thank you I will ring them on Monday.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.