× Members

Why is it taking so long for an Atos pip assessmen

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112270 by Alexandj11
My daughter has claimed for pip in early May this year. She has had her appointment cancelled twice, with her attending the second appointment not having received Atos' message on a/phone.
She was assessed as a "favour" but the lady had none of the paperwork we had supplied in support and even had to google her health condition and its spelling! She performed a medical exam , although isnt medically trained and i complained to both the dwp and Atos about an apparent use of these assessments to intimidate and delay claimants. That was on 24th September! To date her assessment is still waiting to be checked and report written by Atos. They have no time limits to provide the report apparently ! The whole purpose of the benefit is to help people financially- therefore i fail to see an adequate reason for a 6 month plus wait ! Beyond belief ,and not acceptable. :angry:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112274 by slugsta
Hi Judith and welcome to the forum. As this is your first post, this might help you find your way around

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Conspiracy theories abound but the fact is that, for whatever reason, very few people have actually received a decision on their PIP claim yet.

You can complain to DWP if you wish

Complaining to the DWP

and ATOS

Complaining to ATOS Healthcare

You might also wish to tell your MP how the system is, or is not, working for the claimant

Contacting your MP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.