× Members

URGENT - Help with GL24 Group Appeal Form

• Chris B
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112338 by Chris B
Diagnosed with: Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, Hypermobility, Chronic Low Back Pain and a few more

When I first applied for ESA I was put into the WRAG. Not a problem, just had to go to JobCentrePlus for chat every so often and they understood I was unable to work. When ESA finished I appealed to go into Support Group and sent covering letters from family and professionals to improve my chances. These were stamped received and sent back and I heard nothing. I chased with lots of phone calls over a year ago then I have been too ill to proceed with the appeal until now.
I have now been advised to complete a GL24 as I am appealing which group I should be in and just don't know where to start. Do I list all my ailments and how they affect me? Or keep it brief or waffle on?
Your urgent support would be most appreciated as this has to be completed and back on their doorstep by 2nd November 2013.
Kind regards
Chris
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112342 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic URGENT - Help with GL24 Group Appeal Form
Hi Chris,

It sounds as if DWP have accepted your late appeal. there is an absolute limit of 13 months, from the previous decision, in which to submit the appeal, hence the need to get your form back promptly.

How long do I have to appeal?

At this stage you need only keep things brief and say that you do not believe that DWP have considered the severity of your condition. Then you should follow this up with a submission saying exactly which Support Group descriptors you meet and why.

How to submit an appeal

Qualifying for the Support Group

DWP have to carry out a reconsideration before you case is sent to the Appeal Tribunal. Your aim should be to try and get this decision in your favour so you need to get your information and evidence in fairly soon as there is no fixed time-scale for the reconsideration.

Make full use of our ESA guides and appeal FAQs

ESA claims and appeals

ESA FAQs

I suggest that you bookmark this topic, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can return to ask further questions and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in the same place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.