× Members

ESA and WRAG what to do ????

More
10 years 5 months ago #113937 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and WRAG what to do ????

mrjohnno wrote: Last I heard the person seeing you should be specific to the field and this was the reason given as to why when attending an assessment some people who arrive later may be seen earlier. I know that in reality this is not true because the lady who done my assessment asked me to tell het where T12 is on the spine.

ATOS do try to use assessors who have relevant knowledge to the claimants conditions, but there is no legal requirement for them to do so and the simple fact is that they do not have the staff available to do so in many cases, however, the claimant is perfectly entitled to question the validity of any report produced by an assessor who reasonably would be expected to lack the skills to have carried out the assessment with no knowledge of the conditions involved. For example; an Upper Tribunal Decision earlier this year cast significant doubt on the ability of a physiotherapist to assess claimants with Mental Health problems, ATOS and the DWP are still outstanding to reply to this judgement, with an action plan to deal with the issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrjohnno
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113943 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic ESA and WRAG what to do ????

Gordon wrote: ATOS do try to use assessors who have relevant knowledge to the claimants conditions, but there is no legal requirement for them to do so

There is a legal requirement when they produce a document stating that they will. I have a lawyer under retainer for unrelated matters and he got me a nice little earner the middle of last year on this matter. Are they still saying that professionals related to the person's condition will be used or has it changed?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113945 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and WRAG what to do ????

mrjohnno wrote: There is a legal requirement when they produce a document stating that they will. I have a lawyer under retainer for unrelated matters and he got me a nice little earner the middle of last year on this matter. Are they still saying that professionals related to the person's condition will be used or has it changed?

I am afraid that you are mistaken, the only legal requirement is that that the assessor is trained to a suitable level in Disability Assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.