× Members

Work Focused Interviews and Anxiety

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112438 by ka
Hi,

My sister has just been assessed for ESA and has been placed in WRAG. She has an anxiety disorder and I fear she will not be able to attend the WFIs alone and my mother is busy with work so she has no one to take her. How would we go about tackling this?

Also, where is the sample letters for requesting the information from the medical on the members only guides?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112440 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Focused Interviews and Anxiety

ka wrote: Hi,

My sister has just been assessed for ESA and has been placed in WRAG. She has an anxiety disorder and I fear she will not be able to attend the WFIs alone and my mother is busy with work so she has no one to take her. How would we go about tackling this?

Also, where is the sample letters for requesting the information from the medical on the members only guides?

Thanks

I am afraid her options are limited while she remains in the WRAG.

The first thing to do is to contact the JC+ advisor to explain her condition, they may be willing to defer any WFIs or to carry them out over the phone, however, this is at their discretion, so it is important to explain how debilitating her condition is.

In the longer term it is unlikely, although not impossible, that that she will avoid having to attend at her local JC+ office and she may be required to participate in Work Related Activity and could be forwarded to the Work Programme, if she fails to participate then her benefit could be sanctioned.

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

You should be able to request the documents used in the making of the Decision over the phone, but you can also write to the DWP office that deals with her claim, I do not think there is a template letter for this.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112664 by willow135
Replied by willow135 on topic Work Focused Interviews and Anxiety
Hi I am currently in the WRAG and I'm in no position to attend the work program interviews or any of the activities and have, from the beginning, been supplying sick notes/medical certificates which has meant that I do not get called in for these interviews and I am not asked to take part in any work activity courses e.t.c. Hope this helps.

MODEDIT:

For the benefit of others reading this post, whilst Ellie has been excused from Work Related Activity at the moment, Fit Notes do not excuse a claimant in the WRAG from being required to participate in WRA.

Gordon
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.