× Members

appeal

• maggiemoon
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112503 by maggiemoon
appeal was created by maggiemoon
Sent off forms to the tribunal office that we were going ahead with husband's appeal from WRAG to Support group endof Sept and thought we would have to wait at least 9mths to a year for the appeal, got a letter from tribunals this morning the appeal is in 2 wks, HELP...
have managed to get supporting letter from DR , and some medical printouts he gave him, but I need to write a submission letter and am a bit stuck on how to do it, letter has to be with the clerk 1 wk before the appeal, Is it normal to have the appeal so quick ?, am worried that they have decided already and this is just a formality to say he's failed
MM
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appeal

maggiemoon wrote: Sent off forms to the tribunal office that we were going ahead with husband's appeal from WRAG to Support group endof Sept and thought we would have to wait at least 9mths to a year for the appeal, got a letter from tribunals this morning the appeal is in 2 wks, HELP...
have managed to get supporting letter from DR , and some medical printouts he gave him, but I need to write a submission letter and am a bit stuck on how to do it, letter has to be with the clerk 1 wk before the appeal, Is it normal to have the appeal so quick ?, am worried that they have decided already and this is just a formality to say he's failed
MM

It is an unusually short period, did you tick the box saying that you wanted an Oral hearing that you attend?

Strictly speaking, Tribunal procedure only allows the claimant one month from when the DWP submit there papers to the Tribunal Service to provide evidence and make a submission, most claimants are not constrained by this limit as it usually takes a lot longer for the hearing to be held.

This early appeal is most definitely not an indication that they have already decided against your husband, the panel do not usually receive the papers until a couple of days, if not the day before the hearing, so there is simply no way that any Decision has already ben made.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• maggiemoon
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112510 by maggiemoon
Replied by maggiemoon on topic appeal
Yes I ticked the box that we wanted an oral hearing where we attend but it was at a venue about 26 mls from home now it is in the town centr 6mls from home, they asked would we like to tavel further afield for a quicker hearing and I said no that 26ml was too far, lol...
kind regards MM, will let you know what happens, just can't understand how it has come so soon...
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112512 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appeal

maggiemoon wrote: Yes I ticked the box that we wanted an oral hearing where we attend but it was at a venue about 26 mls from home now it is in the town centr 6mls from home, they asked would we like to tavel further afield for a quicker hearing and I said no that 26ml was too far, lol...
kind regards MM, will let you know what happens, just can't understand how it has come so soon...

I am guessing that you "lucked out" and got a cancellation :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: maggiemoon, derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris