× Members

asset rules

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112582 by lesjo
asset rules was created by lesjo
Hi Again,
I have been trying to find out what asset rules are, I have found the £6,000 savings rule but I own my own home will this be taken into account.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #112587 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic asset rules

leslie wrote: Hi Again,
I have been trying to find out what asset rules are, I have found the £6,000 savings rule but I own my own home will this be taken into account.

Hi l,

The figure is indeed £6000, this includes any monies or savings in bank accounts, in the home, assets such as shares, premium bonds, gold if not in the form of personal jewelry, etc, etc.

Things like cars, jewelry, and T.V.'s etc, are classed as personal possessions, and are not counted.

If your house in your only property, and normal place of residence, it is not counted.

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago #112590 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic asset rules
Thanks bro,
I actually own 2 properties next door to each other, I have incorporated them into one so I just use the ground floor.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #112595 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic asset rules

leslie wrote: Thanks bro,
I actually own 2 properties next door to each other, I have incorporated them into one so I just use the ground floor.

Hi l,

If the two properties have been converted to a single property, with one Council Tax Bill, Postal Address, etc, etc, then there should not be a problem.

If in doubt, seek professional advice :

Where to get advice?

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.