× Members

ESA

• belvoir
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112584 by belvoir
ESA was created by belvoir
I have been notified today i have been placed in the work related group. I have been on i/b for nearly 8 years with severe depression anxiety and there is no way on earth I could face work related interviews. I see a weekly psychiatrist monthly mental health team and have regular contact with my gp. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112591 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

belvoir wrote: I have been notified today i have been placed in the work related group. I have been on i/b for nearly 8 years with severe depression anxiety and there is no way on earth I could face work related interviews. I see a weekly psychiatrist monthly mental health team and have regular contact with my gp. I am at my wits end and dont know what to do

It may not seem it but it is still a considerable achievement being placed in the WRAG.

If you do not think you can comply with the Work Related Activity in the WRAG then your only option is to see whether you meet the requirements for the Support Group.

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you believe that you do then you can lodge an appeal to be placed in the SG, but this will not remove the requirement on you to attend Work Focussed Interviews and other WRA. You need to be aware that if you do not comply then there is a good chance that your ESA payments will be sanctioned.

Changes to ESA Sanctions

To appeal you should have a look at our ESA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Qualifying for the Support Group

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

If you have further questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.