× Members

PIP Text?

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112599 by angelcake
PIP Text? was created by angelcake
Hi there,

I received a text today saying 'We have been trying to contact you regarding your PPI claim, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply POST and we will post you a pack out'

I just want to check that this is authentic and what exactly it means? I have put in a PPI claim in the last few months.

Many thanks

Angelcake
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112603 by
Replied by on topic PIP Text?

angelcake wrote: Hi there,

I received a text today saying 'We have been trying to contact you regarding your PPI claim, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply POST and we will post you a pack out'

I just want to check that this is authentic and what exactly it means? I have put in a PPI claim in the last few months.

Many thanks

Angelcake

Hi ac,

The DWP are using texts to contact PIP claimants regarding their PIP claims.

We have heard from another member who has received a text Re : PIP.

If you are not happy about answering the text, you could give them a ring, to confirm that it is authentic.

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112607 by ellen1st
Replied by ellen1st on topic PIP Text?
This is PPI Personal protection insurance. It is not connected with any benefits.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112609 by
Replied by on topic PIP Text?

ellenthegood wrote: This is PPI Personal protection insurance. It is not connected with any benefits.

Hi etg,

I am assuming that PPI is a typo, as the title of the topic is :
"PIP Text ?"

If it is PPI, we can't advise on that anyway. :)

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago #112613 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Text?
I suspect that this is a 'cold selling' message relating to PPI, rather than anything to do with PIP. This is because of the wording of the text, I have been in receipt of something very similar.

Best to contact DWP by phone rather than responding to the message, just to be on the safe side.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.