× Members

DLA Renewal

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112614 by jimbo57
DLA Renewal was created by jimbo57
Hi, My wife's DLA is up for renewal in January. She received the forms some time ago and they said she had to submit them within 12 weeks. She is worried though that if she submits them too early and her renewal is rejected then she will lose her entitlement immediately instead of I January.
Can you confirm if her fears are well founded or not?
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112616 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Renewal
Hi Jimbo,

You might find this helpful

When should I send my renewal form back?

In my own case, I sent in my DLA renewal forms in good time, a decision was made very quickly and my award downgraded but the decision was not implemented until the day after my original award ended.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimbo57

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #112618 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Renewal
Hi J57,

After reading the FAQ from the link that MHB has provided, you might also wish to read our guide entitled :

"Disability Living Allowance Renewal Claims"

Which is about half way down this page :

DLA Guides

It states much the same as MHB's link, with a bit more detail.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.