× Members

My WRAG to SG Appeal

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112636 by Renward
My WRAG to SG Appeal was created by Renward
So, it's my turn to appear before a Tribunal. Next Friday. 3.20.

Getting nervous if I think about it and I think I know what to expect, thanks to your excellent guides, in particular 'Guidance for those that appear before a Tribunal'.

I got into WRAG no problem on their rotten old scrutiny basis, but am appealing to gain entry to SG.

I now have a Doctor's support letter which may or may not swing it in my favour. Still think I could lose this one.

I have a couple of stupid questions :

What the heck do I wear on the day ? Do I put on a suit and tie or just shirt/trousers with a jacket ?
What have people on here worn ?

What happens if I lose this appeal (which I might) ? Will I just stay in WRAG ? Or will they take my benefit away entirely ?

What happens when the WRAG period runs out, after I been in it for a year ? Do I have to reapply and go through this whole charade again ?

Sorry about these dumb questions, and I know the answers are more or less in the guides, but these things are really bothering me.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112640 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My WRAG to SG Appeal
Renward

What to wear? Really it depends on what grounds you are hoping to get into the Support Group with! If you have no limitations that would affect your ability to dress yourself then I would suggest a suit, but if you do, for example; you have dexterity problems, then you might want to avoid wearing clothes with buttons. If you have Mental Health issues that mean that you tend to neglect yourself then you should consider wearing what you normally do.

The bottom line is that the Tribunal will make assumptions to your capabilities based on how you look.

The Tribunal can come to any conclusion that the original Decision could when making the original Decision, this includes removing your award completely, however, this is unlikely and they must warn you in advance if this is a possibility so that you can withdraw your appeal. So, by far and away the most likely scenario is that you would be left in the WRAG if you are not placed in the SG.

When your ESA(CB) payments ceases, you may be eligible for Income Related ESA, subject to your household income, assets and savings, and any hours that a partner works.

You may be able to make a new claim for ESA(CB), however, this will be entirely dependant on whether you have sufficient NI Contributions in the required years. If you were on IB prior to being moved to being moved to ESA, then I would not expect this to be the case.

I hope this explains everything.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #112641 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic My WRAG to SG Appeal
To add to Gordon's excellent advice - the reassessment process for ESA is not linked to the 365 day limitation of WRAG in any way. The reassessment can occur at any interval between 3 months and 2 years (for claimants in WRAG).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #112654 by Renward
Replied by Renward on topic My WRAG to SG Appeal
Thanks very Gordon and Mrs HB, thats good advice I shall follow.

Back to my Summation I suppose..... ;)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.