× Members

What to do with very poor statement of reasons

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112644 by H2o
Just received a SoR which is atrocious, to the point that it is hard to argue with as it basically says night is day and hot is cold, with very little reasoning going on.

I can put together a reply, but can you complain separately to the Tribunal Service, or is there an independent body that looks at the quality of the people on panels?

thanks

ps. thanks for sound advice on prevuious posts : )
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112650 by Gordon

H2o wrote: Just received a SoR which is atrocious, to the point that it is hard to argue with as it basically says night is day and hot is cold, with very little reasoning going on.

I can put together a reply, but can you complain separately to the Tribunal Service, or is there an independent body that looks at the quality of the people on panels?

thanks

ps. thanks for sound advice on prevuious posts : )

I assume this Statement of Reasons is the result of a request for same following a Tribunal hearing.

As it stands at the moment all you have is a difference of opinion, your only way forward is to show that there has been an Error of Law in the conclusions that the panel have come to.

What is an Error of Law?

If you believe this to be the case then you can appeal to the Upper Tribunal, have a look at the following for more details

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/appealing-upp...er-tribunal-decision

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.