× Members

Advice regarding no response to ESA50

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112652 by twinkerzzz
Advice regarding no response to ESA50 was created by twinkerzzz
Hi

I sent in my ESA50 for re-assesment. It arrived at Atos on 12th September. (special delvivery confirmed) I haven't had the confirmation letter from the dwp regarding the outcome of the assesment to date.

1. I am a bit unclear - but i understood that they had to respond by law within (is it?) 28 - 30 (working ?) days from receipt ? Could you confirm the law on this point.
2. Is it possible or typical that they could have simply have a back log and so didn't make the time period for responding and should i just be patient and keep waiting ?
3. I want to send my SARS requeust in with regards this assesment just gone, should i send it in now anyway, as it's well over 30 days since 12th Sept - or should i wait until i hear from them in writing before sending in any SARS ?
4. I know you will say to phone, but i don't like doing this and wondered about 1-3 above before making a phone call.

Thanks for your guidance.
n
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #112655 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Advice regarding no response to ESA50
I am still awaiting my letter (my form was in before 1st August).

On phoning on 3 occassions, I have been told 3 different things and I am still without a decision letter. I am going to appeal, as I have further problems (namely a neurological disease on top of everything else) and I feel I meet the criteria (on 3 points at least) to be moved into the SG.

Time for a complaint to be raised I think? If I didn't comply (as they should be doing with the decision letter), I would be dragged over the coals.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112656 by

nicholson wrote: Hi

I sent in my ESA50 for re-assesment. It arrived at Atos on 12th September. (special delvivery confirmed) I haven't had the confirmation letter from the dwp regarding the outcome of the assesment to date.

1. I am a bit unclear - but i understood that they had to respond by law within (is it?) 28 - 30 (working ?) days from receipt ? Could you confirm the law on this point.
2. Is it possible or typical that they could have simply have a back log and so didn't make the time period for responding and should i just be patient and keep waiting ?
3. I want to send my SARS requeust in with regards this assesment just gone, should i send it in now anyway, as it's well over 30 days since 12th Sept - or should i wait until i hear from them in writing before sending in any SARS ?
4. I know you will say to phone, but i don't like doing this and wondered about 1-3 above before making a phone call.

Thanks for your guidance.
n

Hi n,

1. There is no time limit with respect to how long the re-assessment process should take before you receive a decision.

2. Many members are suffering long delays in hearing anything further after returning their ESA50. It is apparent that ATOS/DWP do have a back log of assessments/re-assessments.

3. It is pointless issuing a SAR to The DWP until you have received your written decision notice informing you of the outcome of the re-assessment.

There is a good chance that your ESA50 is still with ATOS.

4.You can contact ATOS by e-mail from The WCA Customer Services link on the right under "Contact Us" on this page :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

As you know that the ESA50 definitely arrived with ATOS by the deadline date given, the ball is firmly in their court, and you will continue to receive your current rate of benefit until the DWP DM makes a decision.

As things currently stand the 7 weeks that you have waited thus far is not extreme.

If the process does seem to be taking a very long time, and you do not receive a good reason for this, you could contact your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112659 by twinkerzzz
Replied by twinkerzzz on topic Advice regarding no response to ESA50
thanks for your information

when you say i could contact Atos - do you mean they are/must be able to confirm whereabouts of my ESA50 and assessment if i ask about it - or is it just that they will only offer advice, an apology and point me to their complaints procedure?

thnks
n

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112665 by

nicholson wrote: thanks for your information

when you say i could contact Atos - do you mean they are/must be able to confirm whereabouts of my ESA50 and assessment if i ask about it - or is it just that they will only offer advice, an apology and point me to their complaints procedure?

thnks
n

Hi n,

ATOS should be able to inform you whether they still have your ESA50 and ESA file, and are processing it.

Or,

That they have reassessed you on paper scrutiny alone, compiled an ESA85A medical report, and returned the ESA85A with your ESA file to The DWP DM to make a decision.

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago #112676 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Advice regarding no response to ESA50
Hiya,

It takes them an inordinate amount of time to read the massive piles of ESA's that are sent in and for us waiting for a result to arrive in the post albeit good or bad news adds to the problems in waiting.

I myself waited way over 3 months for the brown envelope to plop on the doormat, despite 6 phone calls to ATOS providing different stories most times and the involvement of my extremely supportive MP. However my result was a very positive outcome, thank goodness.

The only thing is to wait and wait and wait, they will only deal with it in their time.

If you have sent your paperwork to them on time and know they have received it in time by royal mail, that's all you can really do.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.