× Members

ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

• belvoir
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112662 by belvoir
ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP was created by belvoir
I have been advised that I have been placed in this group and feel strongly that I couldnt cope with any work related interviews/activities. I have had a long standing mental illness and since receiving the decision my doctor has had to prescribe diazapham to calm my panic attacks. What do I do?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112666 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WORK RELATED ACTIVITY GROUP

belvoir wrote: I have been advised that I have been placed in this group and feel strongly that I couldnt cope with any work related interviews/activities. I have had a long standing mental illness and since receiving the decision my doctor has had to prescribe diazapham to calm my panic attacks. What do I do?

The question you need to look at is whether you meet one or more of the criteria for the Support Group.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Also you need to consider what you are asked to do while in the WRAG. All claimants are required to participate in Work Related Activity this includes attending Work Focussed Interviews and you may be forwarded to the Work Programme. A failure to participate can lead to your benefit being sanctioned.

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

If you want to appeal then you should have a look at our ESA Appeal Guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.