× Members

Payments after migration from Incapacity Benefit

• gdale1
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112842 by gdale1
I have just won my appeal 0 points to 15 points and placed in the WRAG for ESA. Will I still receive ESA contributory after the 12 months is up ? I have savings so I know I could not claim Income Related ESA. The appeal board further advised that I should not be reassessed for 2 years from today. I should also add that I have been on Incapacity Benefit since 2006
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112846 by Gordon

gdale1 wrote: I have just won my appeal 0 points to 15 points and placed in the WRAG for ESA. Will I still receive ESA contributory after the 12 months is up ? I have savings so I know I could not claim Income Related ESA. The appeal board further advised that I should not be reassessed for 2 years from today. I should also add that I have been on Incapacity Benefit since 2006

I am afraid that the 365 days will run from the date that you were transferred from IB to ESA and after it has finished your ESA(CB) will cease. If you have savings and assets in excess of £16,000 then you will not be eligible for Income Related ESA.

You will however, continue to receive NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension and if your condition deteriorates such that you meet the criteria for the Support Group, then you can ask to be re-assessed, providing you continue to maintain your current Limited Capability for Work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• gdale1
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112850 by gdale1
Seems pointless winning my appeal as I do not need any further NI credits for a full state pension.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112858 by Gordon

gdale1 wrote: Seems pointless winning my appeal as I do not need any further NI credits for a full state pension.

You will receive back payments for the unpaid WRAG rate, so even though your on-going payments will be terminated it was worth you appealing the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris