× Members

DLA Claim and moving from South East to West Midla

• M
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112883 by M
Hi All, some would be advice greatly appreciated!

I am currently receiving DLA mid level care and lower mobility awarded through to March 2014.

I cannot cope with living on my own any more and am having to move from the South East to live with family in the West Midlands from December.

I have received forms to apply again for DLA but am not sure whether I should fill them in now or wait until I move when I may get PIP forms after advising of my change of address?

If the DLA forms are sent now and before I move would it remain a DLA claim or would the move trigger a reassessment onto PIP anyway?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112888 by Gordon
M

You need to compete these DLA forms now and return them by the date on the accompanying letter, if you fail to do this then you risk your claim being closed.

A change of address should not be treated as a Change of Circumstances and therefore should not result in a transfer to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: M

• M
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #113639 by M
Quick update - I received a letter today advising of DLA award through to 2019 after I sent the application form back last week.

Very quick response and a long award so hopefully wont have to reapply unless things change with my health.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.