× Members

Success without a medical

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112902 by Londongirl
Success without a medical was created by Londongirl
Hi Everyone,

I just would like to thank the people on this website who provided some examples of things that may be useful whilst filling out the form. I received my ESA decision which stated that I will not be expected to take on work. There was no mention about a further assessment in a couple of years time. My only surprise was that I was told when I rang to enquire about payments being paid fortnightly, because previously payments had been monthly. I am just a little worried that direct debits will not coincide with payments. Let's hope they do. Another query I made with them was that they quoted on the letter that the payments would start between 23 November to 29 November. What that really meant apparently was that payments could be received anytime between those dates. It surely had me worried.

What I am wondering now is does anyone have any knowledge as to whether this benefit excludes one from paying medical prescriptions? I am extremely grateful for the outcome and had really set myself up for a fight. So thanks everyone.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• teabag
10 years 6 months ago #112904 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic Success without a medical
hi i found out that as long as you have an income related amount included in your benefit you get free prescriptions the chemist will ask to see your letter of entitlement to check that you have an income related amount, if you don't have an income related amount included then you have to apply for a HC2 help with prescriptions, etc. which is obtained by filling in a HC1. If you have prescriptions to do with cancer or other certain conditions then it is possible to get an exemption certificate i believe.
Hope this helps
terri

More
10 years 6 months ago #112905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Success without a medical

Londongirl wrote: Hi Everyone,

I just would like to thank the people on this website who provided some examples of things that may be useful whilst filling out the form. I received my ESA decision which stated that I will not be expected to take on work. There was no mention about a further assessment in a couple of years time. My only surprise was that I was told when I rang to enquire about payments being paid fortnightly, because previously payments had been monthly. I am just a little worried that direct debits will not coincide with payments. Let's hope they do. Another query I made with them was that they quoted on the letter that the payments would start between 23 November to 29 November. What that really meant apparently was that payments could be received anytime between those dates. It surely had me worried.

What I am wondering now is does anyone have any knowledge as to whether this benefit excludes one from paying medical prescriptions? I am extremely grateful for the outcome and had really set myself up for a fight. So thanks everyone.

Congratulations on the award.

I am assuming you were transferred from another benefit.

What will I be transferred to?

Benefit payment dates

You should be able to find out your next assessment date by phoning the DWP, failing that request your ESA85 if you had a face2face or the ESA85A if you did not, the prognosis is usually used to set the date.

Unless you are receiving ESA(IR) in part or in whole then you will not be entitled to free prescriptions and dental care.

If you are receiving ESA(CB) and are in the WRAG then you need to be aware that your payments will be time limited to 365 days, this does apply if you are receiving ESA(IR) or you are in the Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.