× Members

IB to ESA

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112935 by McGoggy
IB to ESA was created by McGoggy
Hi everybody,

I filled my form in to transfer from Incapacity Benefit to ESA and returned it with a lot of extra pages, copy scan reports and letters of support on 30th September 2013. I have just received a phone call fro the DWP, advising me that I do not need a face to face assessment and have successfully been transferred to ESA for 3 years in the support group! I am astounded, both at the outcome but also the timescale, I honestly didn't expect to hear anything this side of Christmas. The lady who rang said it was because I had answered the questions on the form clearly and had included a lot of information. I must say I would not have had this result without the help from this amazing website, so thank you all so much, I couldn't have done it without you!
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112937 by
Replied by on topic IB to ESA

elainegem wrote: Hi everybody,

I filled my form in to transfer from Incapacity Benefit to ESA and returned it with a lot of extra pages, copy scan reports and letters of support on 30th September 2013. I have just received a phone call fro the DWP, advising me that I do not need a face to face assessment and have successfully been transferred to ESA for 3 years in the support group! I am astounded, both at the outcome but also the timescale, I honestly didn't expect to hear anything this side of Christmas. The lady who rang said it was because I had answered the questions on the form clearly and had included a lot of information. I must say I would not have had this result without the help from this amazing website, so thank you all so much, I couldn't have done it without you!

Hi eg,

That is really good news, and as you say, a really quick decision !!! :cheer:

Well done !!

You should now receive a written decision notice informing you of The SG decision, although this letter will not include the prognosis of three years.

If you wish written confirmation of the prognosis, you should ring the number on the decision notice letter and request the ESA85A medical report :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Thanks for your kind words regarding B&W, they are appreciated.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

More
10 years 6 months ago #112938 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to ESA
That is great news, thank you for letting us know - it really gives our members hope when they hear of a positive outcome. Thanks also for your kind words about this site :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris