× Members

Initial Atos/DWP contact after completing an ESA50

More
10 years 3 months ago #116822 by delyons@hotmail.com
Replied by delyons@hotmail.com on topic Initial Atos/DWP contact after completing an ESA50
I filled out ESA form in February / March 2013.
At end of January 2014 out of the blue I got an appointment for Feb 2014 (in 2 days time).
I thought they may have lost me in the system so didn't complain it was taking a long time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cal
10 years 2 months ago #117236 by Cal
Iv received another rescheduled appointment. Unfortunately I cannot attend as iv medical appointments the same day. I rang Atos explained this and was told this is the only date a GP can see you. I informed them again it's not convenient. I actually felt pressurised to cancel this medical appointment with my GP but stood my ground as it's important I attend I'm being monitored closely in medication iv been prescribed.

I mean iv been to an appointment. Got sent away, the rescheduled appointment the GP was ill so iv been sent another appointment rescheduled which I cannot attend.

It's close to 9 months now I got the form to fill in and over 27 weeks before I heard a word about a face to face assessment.

I'm not impressed how iv just been made to feel. Never have I not attended or said I cannot go. This time though iv informed them of dates I cannot attend over the next month due to medical appointments 2 of which iv waited a few months for.

It states on the letter call appointments if you cannot attend do I did. Only to be told this is the only date a GP is there. Well that's not my problem I cannot work my medical appointments around Atos.

So it's now a wait for a 4th appointment.

• loudavegaz
10 years 2 months ago #117289 by loudavegaz
We applied in july 2013 and up til 15th of jan I called them 5 times and just got told you are in the queue we will write to you when we have an appointment for you, fed up of waiting I contacted Brian Pepper one of the big cheeses at ATOS and 3 days later we got an appointment, give it a try, nothing to lose xxx

• Cal
10 years 1 month ago #118435 by Cal
Just had my Medical. He was a lovely Doctor he really was.

Just need to wait now for the decision.

As soon as I get it I will let you know the outcome.

Cal x

• Cal
10 years 1 month ago #118902 by Cal
Had a call this morning I am Support Group for 2 yrs. Such a relief. Thank you for all the information on this site. It's a god send.
Cal x

More
10 years 1 month ago #118934 by Gordon

Cal wrote: Had a call this morning I am Support Group for 2 yrs. Such a relief. Thank you for all the information on this site. It's a god send.
Cal x

Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cal

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris