× Members

Been called for 'MEDICAL' after Submitting ESA50/b

• topher61
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113387 by topher61
Hi,''VERY FIRST,POST''i am cuurntly going through a 'reveiw' after appealingvW.R.A.G. to Support (two years ago)
Noe Atos have not 'BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT' ,But managed to speak to 'Scrutinity,in 'WEMBLEY HOUSE',who inform ped me that ,i will be called.
I suffer from mental and physical medical conditions,the most restricting being,Agrophobia/Social Anxiety Disorder,and lower abdominal pain,with bowel incontinence( stress related) ,i put this in all on the form ,BUT STILL ATOS,expect me to arttend.
GP,tells me today,wil write letter regarding ''face to face'' in one of THEIR CENTRE,WOUKD BE DIFFICUKT ( most he woukd do,but HE ADVICED ,about ''HOME VISIT'' ,ofwhich,fir me,woukd still be horrific,as i do not meet new people( put that in letter) and find diffitculty,MEETING/TALKING TO '' new people.
'ANY HELP WOUD BE BRILL/SORRY ABOUT GRAMMER/SPELLING.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #113397 by

topher61 wrote: Hi,''VERY FIRST,POST''i am cuurntly going through a 'reveiw' after appealingvW.R.A.G. to Support (two years ago)
Noe Atos have not 'BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT' ,But managed to speak to 'Scrutinity,in 'WEMBLEY HOUSE',who inform ped me that ,i will be called.
I suffer from mental and physical medical conditions,the most restricting being,Agrophobia/Social Anxiety Disorder,and lower abdominal pain,with bowel incontinence( stress related) ,i put this in all on the form ,BUT STILL ATOS,expect me to arttend.
GP,tells me today,wil write letter regarding ''face to face'' in one of THEIR CENTRE,WOUKD BE DIFFICUKT ( most he woukd do,but HE ADVICED ,about ''HOME VISIT'' ,ofwhich,fir me,woukd still be horrific,as i do not meet new people( put that in letter) and find diffitculty,MEETING/TALKING TO '' new people.
'ANY HELP WOUD BE BRILL/SORRY ABOUT GRAMMER/SPELLING.

Hi t61,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

A letter of support from your G.P. should help.

Whether ATOS will cancel any form of face to face assessment, whether it be in an assessment centre or in your home, I can't say.

Home assessments in themselves are very hard to obtain.

The more compelling case that your G.P. can put forward, the better.

I believe that ATOS have a FAX number where your G.P. can send any such supporting letter.

You can contact The WCA Customer Services from the e-mail link under "Contact Us" on the right of this page. :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

I would try and keep any correspondence in writing by e-mail, so that you have a paper trail.

You are allowed to cancel an ATOS face to face once, but if you fail to attend a second appointment without good cause, your benefit can be stopped, and you may be found fit for work on a technicality.

It can then be most difficult to get your benefit payments reinstated.

Good Luck, and please keep us updated by replying to this post. :)

Just in case you do have a face to face, the following FAQ may help :

ESA Medical – What to expect

bro58

• topher61
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113515 by topher61
Thank you ,so much for your help/advice,out of the 249 people that 'read' the post,YOU were te ONY one to give advice,ofwhich,i find quite strange ,considering the 'volume!?'
Thank you a.gain
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113517 by Gordon

topher61 wrote: Thank you ,so much for your help/advice,out of the 249 people that 'read' the post,YOU were te ONY one to give advice,ofwhich,i find quite strange ,considering the 'volume!?'
Thank you a.gain

Hi

Do not read anything into the single response, we run the forum differently from most other sites, Bro is one of our Moderators and it is our job to try and answer member questions in the forum, other members are more than free to contribute but the vast majority are trying to deal with their own claims.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
10 years 5 months ago #113528 by teabag
I also have agoraphobia, depression, anxiety, social phobia and bowel problems like you my GP faxed asking for a home medical and they refused by offering to pay for a cab, I ended up having to ask my daughter's partner to take the day of work, so my experience is that they rant at all sympathetic to people with agoraphobia, etc. bet the HCP wished they had done a home medical as in the end I was shaking and broke down in tears and couldn't answer any more questions that she stopped the medical and before I left in tears I told her that she had no idea what it was like going through all this to get ESA.
Still at least the outcome was good and I was put in the support Group for 2 years

More
10 years 5 months ago #113535 by Berkeley
Sorry you had to go through all that but congratulations on getting what you deserve.

Best wishes

DT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.