× Members

DLA Change of Circumstances - Success

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113497 by Lavender
DLA Change of Circumstances - Success was created by Lavender
:cheer:
I was on HRM LRC, (as a result of severe ME) but my care needs have increased over the last couple of years. I had a lot of encouragement to fill in the form from a friend and when I rang up the DWP at Blackpool they were helpful.

The form was sent to me on 26 September and I sent it back on the 25 October. I attached medical evidence, the most recent from 2011.

DWP wrote to me to acknowledge receipt of the form and said it may take 11 weeks to review, but on Monday (11th November) I received a letter to say I had been awarded MRC (HRM to remain)

I was very surprised by the speed of the decision - only 2 weeks. Not sure if I was just lucky or DWP are trying to clear up DLA claims/change of circs now PIP is live.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113502 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Change of Circumstances - Success
Daisy

Congratulations and thank you for letting us know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lavender

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113505 by Lavender
Replied by Lavender on topic DLA Change of Circumstances - Success
Thanks Gordon

I am delighted by this decision, especially as I had a dreadful time with the changeover from IB to ESA.

I meant to add that the claim was only backdated to the date the form was sent out. The reason the DWP gave for this was because I didn't tell them, at the time, when my circumstances changed. As my deterioration has been gradual it is impossible to identify a particular date, but it is just not worth trying to argue the point, and I probably wouldn't be successful anyway. Have to pick the battles.

I hope my experience gives some hope to anyone in a similar position.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Change of Circumstances - Success
Daisy

Unfortunately, unless there is a clearly identifiable date, for example am accident, or significant change in medication or treatment, then the DWP will use he date of the form for the new award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lavender

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.