× Members

Scared

• shellyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #113524 by shellyb
Scared was created by shellyb
I've got my ESA tribunal Tuesday from wrag to support are they really scary as it sounds and what should I expect in there I can be very defensive if people are being rude to me it sounds like they can be I'm sick off having to defend myself I've done this on the advice of my DWP officer telling me otherwise they will force me into work on wrag :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113526 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Scared
I can understand you being nervous but just to reassure you lots of people win at appeal and more people are getting in the support group. As for whether or not they will be rude it very much depends on who you get on the day. It is probably a good idea to get someone to go with you, if possible, for moral support. The WRAG will require you to go to regular interviews and possibly some voluntary work or training. I assume you have decided which support group descriptors apply to you and have looked through the appeal papers for any points you disagree with. Take any medical evidence with you, if you haven't sent it in already. Don't let them silence you. If towards the end you haven't made all the points you wanted too make sure you mention it. Say if your not happy with anything that happens as it will have to be recorded.

• shellyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #113529 by shellyb
Replied by shellyb on topic Scared
Not really sure what descriptors are feel like I've been thrown in at the deep end Appeal papers is that what they wrote when the others said no to support group I feel stupid cause I don't know what I'm going into

More
10 years 5 months ago #113530 by mancsmen
Replied by mancsmen on topic Scared
when i had my tribunal last year shelley it was fine. just a judge and a doctor asking questions about my disabilities. mainly how they affected me, what my conditions were like on a day to day basis. it only took about 10 mins then i was called back in to get the decision that i was being placed into the support group. but from my own experience its nothing to worry about
The following user(s) said Thank You: shellyb

• shellyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #113531 by shellyb
Replied by shellyb on topic Scared
Bit worried also having my elbows injected on Monday do I mention that I suffer from depression and I go to sessions this isn't on the original es50 cause I wasn't going to sessions then

More
10 years 5 months ago #113536 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Scared
The support group descriptors start on pg 25 of the introductory guide to ESA. You need to satisfy at least one of these. So, for example, if you cannot independently mobilise more than 50m you should be eligible for the support group. Your appeal papers are a big pack with things like your medical assessment report in. If you haven't received these you should arrange for the tribunal to be re-scheduled. Be selective with your medical evidence, make sure there isn't anything contradictory in them. For example sometimes doctors write things like 'Ms so and so is very independent and copes very well' which isn't going to support your claim. And yes I would mention recent treatment and diagnoses.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.