× Members

DLA renewal - advice please

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113539 by lochlisa
DLA renewal - advice please was created by lochlisa
Completed the DLA renewal forms and submitted along with extensive medical report that got me HRM and MRC last time.

Nothing has improved at all.

Had letter saying DLA couldn't make a decision and had written to GP for further information.

Now, I don't see my GP that often as my GP knows that there is nothing they can do apart from dish out my medication regularly, and that is collected by my carer.

Should I ask the GP for a copy of what they return, or should I ask the GP to sit with me to answer the questions as I am unsure whether or not the GP will actually know the answers to specific questions?

Yet again, more worry I could do without, but an answer would be good from DLA before deadline date for my ESA renewal.

thanks, Lisa.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113541 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA renewal - advice please
lochlisa

You can certainly ask for a copy, it should be made part of your medical records.

You can ask the GP if they want your input in regard their completing the form, but do not be surprised if they refuse, they may believe that they already have sufficient information for them to do so.

If they do accept your offer, then you need to avoid leading them in their questioning and just respond to any questions they have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113548 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic DLA renewal - advice please
thank you Gordon.

I have faxed over an appropriate letter basically saying what you posted.

best wishes,

Lisa.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113983 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic DLA renewal - advice please
Well, just to let you know that one of the GP's called me and admitted that he was not totally aware of my everyday disabilities and issues and, as the sufferer, I know more about them than he does.

He then proceeded to ask, and listen, about all my issues and, for once, I think he has finally realised exactly what I am up against.

I really hope his 'report' is helpful now as I have only ever seen this GP once in the past year, and it seems the GP I saw many times has left the practice.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Love, Lisa

More
10 years 5 months ago #113992 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA renewal - advice please
It certainly sounds hopeful Lisa!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.