× Members

Volunteering and stating any expenses incurred.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113547 by weymouth321
Hello, I am claiming ESA , income related and in WRAG Group.
Please can you help. I have just received the A 164 ESA FORM. Asking what expenses I have, from my volunteering. I do anything from 0 to 6 hours per week. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and am unable to stand for long. So help out with Age UK, Senoir`s lunch and sit chatting to the elderly and help out with serving the plated meals. There are usually 4 of us volunteers there. And up to 14 - 15 elderly folk. I have only been doing this for 3 weeks so far. I do not eat a meal there or drink. The drive is 6 miles round trip. I just don`t think it worthwhile to claim, for travel expenses due to the small amount of miles. Yes, I have agreed to do this as my work - related - activity. with my Jobcentre Advisor. I already have your Volunteer notes, but I would very much like your added advice. If the DWP pay out for incurred expenses, then do they subtract the amount from one`s ESA payments ? How does it work ? Many Thanks Again, Weymouth321.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113550 by Gordon
Josie

I do not think it will affect your ESA, but will check and post a more formal answer later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113578 by Gordon
Josie

Just to confirm that it should be ignored

ESA Regulations 2008, Schedule 8

2. Any payment in respect of any expenses incurred, or to be incurred, by a claimant who is—

(a) engaged by a charitable or voluntary organisation; or
(b) a volunteer,

if the claimant otherwise derives no remuneration or profit from the employment and is not to be treated as possessing any earnings under regulation 108(3) (notional income).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.