× Members

income-based ESA

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113557 by eigenveld
income-based ESA was created by eigenveld
Just been advised today by post that I will be getting contribution-based ESA from 5/12/2013. I have apparently been put into the support group and bypassed the medicals. I am on a low income and have been advised in the same latter that I might be considered for income-based ESA and/or a disabled premium. DWP are sending out some more forms. Is there anything you can tell me about this new application procedure? What is the difference between income-based and contribution-based?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113558 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic income-based ESA
If you are entitled to income-based ESA, or an income-based 'topup' of your contributary benefit, you might get a bit more money and would also be entitled to things such as free prescriptions.

ESA Premiums

The application for this is purely looking at your financial situation, and that of any partner who lives with you, your health and ability will not be looked at again until your Support Group award is reassessed at some stage in the future.

How often will I be reviewed

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.