× Members

DMs reaching decisions

More
10 years 5 months ago #113710 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DMs reaching decisions
Del

You should raise your concerns in your submission, doing it on the day, could easily result in an adjournment while the panel contact the DWP.

There is no harm in challenging the statements in this "document", especially if they contradict your evidence, but remember that awards are made because the claimant showed that they met the criteria, not because they showed that the DWP's Decision was faulty.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• del
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #113724 by del
Replied by del on topic DMs reaching decisions

Gordon wrote: Del

You should raise your concerns in your submission, doing it on the day, could easily result in an adjournment while the panel contact the DWP.

There is no harm in challenging the statements in this "document", especially if they contradict your evidence, but remember that awards are made because the claimant showed that they met the criteria, not because they showed that the DWP's Decision was faulty.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon for clarifying, that is a great help. I am already focussing on the descriptors I believe I meet and thanks to your advice it is a lot clearer for me now on which route to take. As per previous posts and the good advice provided on here I know the importance of showing how I believe I meet the descriptors. The evidence on the one document that I believe proves I meet the descriptors is omitted from their submission, strange isn't it how there is one document and yet they miss the most important and relevant information ;) Perhaps they think the Tribunal will not pick up on it and neither would I :laugh:

• del
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113725 by del
Replied by del on topic DMs reaching decisions
Oh, sorry forgot to ask can DWP add to their submission after I provide the entire evidence to the Tribunal? I ask this based on Tribunal will forward them I believe copies of everything I submit.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113729 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DMs reaching decisions

del wrote: Oh, sorry forgot to ask can DWP add to their submission after I provide the entire evidence to the Tribunal? I ask this based on Tribunal will forward them I believe copies of everything I submit.

The DWP have one month from the date not to revise the Decision to supply their papers to the Tribunal Service, they should not then be able to submit further evidence, however, the one month rule applies to the claimant as well, different start date, but is not applied by the Tribunal Service, so I know of a couple of cases, but only a couple, where the DWP have been allowed to make further submissions, but if they do, you are entitled to a period to respond.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: del

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.