× Members

PIPaaplication waiting time?

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #113593 by Bamboozal
PIPaaplication waiting time? was created by Bamboozal
Hi, posted my new claim for PIP 3 weeks ago, my questions if anyone
can help are ,do they send an acknowledgement letter that its been received or not?
How long do you have to wait till you get an appointment for a medical or could it
be months like ESA?

Many thanks and kind regards
Bam
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 5 months ago #113595 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIP aaplication waiting time?
This thread in Spotlights explains about PIP. HERE Also, see or PIP members only guide.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bamboozal

More
10 years 5 months ago #113597 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
Thanks Jim, I checked out the guides b4 posting, will go back and have a better look

Many thanks
Bam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

More
10 years 5 months ago #113602 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
11 weeks exactly since initial call to claim :angry:

I called the DWP and was told the form was with Atos and they have now had it for 6 weeks.

MP contacted today whether that will make any difference or not i do not know but cant do any harm highlighting how bad things are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113610 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
Have you read this News item HERE It concerns a lady who had a stroke 5 months ago and is still waiting for PIP.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Corrected typo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114711 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
That is truly shocking Jim and unfortunately it is not a unique case as many are suffering as a result of the incompetence of Atos and the DWP.

It looks like i may be getting closer to having a medical although not definite and i have some questions regarding it.

1) My partner has been calling to chase up the said medical and was told that a HCP will be giving me a call, is this standard practice or is it to try and catch me out as i stated on my form that i am unable to talk on the phone.

2) If they do phone should i try and answer their questions through my partner.

3) If/when medical happens and i were to self medicate so as to manage to get through it should i tell them i have had to do so or would that endanger them cancelling it.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.