× Members

PIPaaplication waiting time?

More
10 years 4 months ago #114721 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?

BigTam wrote: That is truly shocking Jim and unfortunately it is not a unique case as many are suffering as a result of the incompetence of Atos and the DWP.

It looks like i may be getting closer to having a medical although not definite and i have some questions regarding it.

1) My partner has been calling to chase up the said medical and was told that a HCP will be giving me a call, is this standard practice or is it to try and catch me out as i stated on my form that i am unable to talk on the phone.

2) If they do phone should i try and answer their questions through my partner.

3) If/when medical happens and i were to self medicate so as to manage to get through it should i tell them i have had to do so or would that endanger them cancelling it.

1. It may be that the HCP is managing their own diary, I cannot imagine any other reason that they would need to contact you prior to the medical.

2. It should be OK for your husband speak to them and answer any questions on your behalf, but do not feel constrained to answer if you are confused by their questions or need more time than they will allow for you to do so.

3. Self-medicating can be dangerous and is not something that we would recommend under any circumstances, if you need additional medication on the day then you should speak to your GP about providing it. You should inform the HCP if you have not taken your normal medication.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114738 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
As always thanks for the reply.

With regards to your response to question 2 though her indoors was not to happy at being called my husband :laugh:

I appreciate that question 3 was in a sense a loaded question which would have been difficult for you to answer in any other way and slightly vague also, so putting it another way if the self medication was an over the counter medication or perhaps a large drink just before the medical, would that be enough reason for HCP to abandon it if informed?

• AaronL
10 years 4 months ago #114739 by AaronL
Replied by AaronL on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
If you are self medicating to reduce your symptoms there can be a risk that the HCP won't get a true picture of your condition.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114741 by ibroxbear1873
Replied by ibroxbear1873 on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
Yes i see what you mean but it might be the only way to be able to see it through which makes it an absolute no win situation which ever way it is approached. Argh :unsure: Thanks for the reply.

More
10 years 4 days ago #120555 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIPaaplication waiting time?
BigTam

You can use the Confidential tag in your post, this is only readable by the author and the Moderators.

To use it, enclose the relevant sections of your post between the tags for example

[confidential]   some text  [/confidential]
If you preview you post before submitting it you can confirm that the text is hidden as it will be in a pink box. I have disabled the function in this post so you can see how it works

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.