× Members

IB to ESA

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113614 by Plonker
IB to ESA was created by Plonker
Hi all

Just got a brown envelope informing me that I will be asked to claim ESA. I have both physical and mental problems.

I had a suicide attempt earlier in the year as I get very stressed about benefit renewals. Do I have to give details of physical and mental problems on the form?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113617 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic IB to ESA
The simple answer is yes. If you are diagnosed with both physical and mental health problems you should be assessed for both and are more likely to get the required points by giving details of both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plonker

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113621 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to ESA
Hi Plonker,

Yes, you need to give full details of any/all conditions that you have and they way they impact on your functioning. The more information and evidence you give with your claim, the more likely it is to be successful.

In order to be awarded ESA you will have to meet very specific criteria, so you need to keep these in mind as you will out your ESA50 form.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you wish, you can download the PDF version of the form and complete it on your computer.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

I advise you to make full use of our ESA claim guides, they are separated into mental and physical health sections, so you will need to use both.

In addition, these FAQS will also be helpful

ESA FAQs

IB/IS/SDA transfer FAQs

It is a good idea for you to bookmark this topic, or make it a favourite on your web-browser, so that you can return to it easily in future. Then you can ask any further questions here and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tidied up link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plonker

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.