× Members

ESA and Pip

• jackie
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113652 by jackie
ESA and Pip was created by jackie
I Suffer from ME/CFS I have finally received a decision on my PIP application standard for care and enhanced for mobility as an on going award I applied on 10 June as well as being I award ESA support group for another 3 years. Thanks to the guides provided on this site I think I actually qualify for enhanced for care but having waited for almost 6 months I am reluctant to appeal and risk being downgraded as it is an on going award.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113659 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA and Pip
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad that the news is positive. I understand your comments about appealing, it really is a decision that only you can make.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Pip
Jackie

Congratulations on the award.

We are not clear at the moment on what documentation is produced by the DWP as part of a PIP claim, but it would be worth you trying to find out how many points you scored for the Care element, if it is 10 or 11, then it may be worth considering a challenge to get the 12 needed for the Enhanced rate, but if you only scored 8 points, you might want to think carefully before going head.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.